- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
Joe Mullender faces Gary Boulden this Saturday, June 29th at York Hall
26 year-old Joe Mullender takes on a task many think he is not ready for on Saturday when he tackles former Southern Area champion Gary Boulden over eight rounds as co-chief support on the Goodwin Promotions show ‘Trail of Destruction’ at York Hall.
Mullender, who has been sparring Steve O’Meara among others, is fully aware of the test ahead. “I have seen everyone on Twitter say they think Boulden will beat me. I only had 15 amateur fights and this is my fifth as a pro. I don’t want to be hanging around in this business with marking time fights.
“Let me tell you, Boulden will never have been put under so much pressure in his boxing career. He will need the heart of a lion in this contest. I am prepared to accept whatever punishment he dishes out as I will get to him and break him down.”
Mullender is looking for this contest to propel him to a Southern Area title shot next. “Once I beat a former Area champion I hope the Area Council will put me forward for a shot at the title.”
This 50/50 fight is the type of bout that promoter Steve Goodwin wants on his shows.
The bill is headlined by another even clash with Menay Edwards boxing JJ Ojuederie for the vacant Southern Area cruiserweight title.
‘The Rematch’ features former British title challenger Michael Lomax against former Commonwealth champion Bradley Pryce over eight rounds. Pryce won their first encounter in Wales and Lomax wants revenge. This is another pick ‘em fight.
The undercard features the debut of former professional footballer Leon McKenzie who competes at super-middleweight and the debut of two exciting prospects in heavyweight Dominic Akinlade and light-welterweight ‘Showstar’ Sohail Ahmad, who has been working with Yassine el Maachi.
There are also many other fights on the undercard.
The Edwards v Ojuederie : Mullender v Boulden and Lomax v Pryce clashes are all 50/50 fights where picking the winner isn’t easy. This is what the Goodwin shows are about – bringing top quality fights where you do not know who is going to win, value for money and excitement.
Tickets are available at £100 VIP Reserved ringside (including free private bar) £60 reserved ringside and £35 unreserved
Boxing commences at 6pm
Tickets at www.goodwinpromotions.co.uk or 01525 851150
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…