- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Joel Diaz Jr. scores 5th round TKO in Houston Texas
Undefeated super-featherweight prospect Joel Diaz Jr. (12-0, 11 KOs) continued to impress the boxing world with another knockout victory on the Lou Savarese promoted show that took place at the Bayou Event Center in Houston, Texas. The latest fighter to suffer defeat to the hands of Diaz was Houston native, Victor Sanchez (4-6-1, 1 KO), who had previously never been stopped. Diaz was punishing Sanchez for the better part of the fight before the referee halted the bout in the 5th round. Diaz was awarded a TKO victory and improved on his unbeaten record.
“After being out of the ring for a few months I was really eager to let my hands go tonight,” said an energized Joel Diaz Jr. “Sanchez was a very tough fighter and I give him a lot of credit going five tough rounds with me. He showed a lot of heart, but I wasn’t going to be denied tonight. I’m ready to take my career to the next level. My promoter Boxing 360 has big plans for me in 2013 and I can’t wait to get back in the ring.”
Boxing 360 promoter Mario Yagobi believes Joel Diaz Jr. is one of the top prospects in all of boxing. Diaz who possessing a 90% knockout ratio, is well on his way to becoming the top prospect in the super-featherweight division.
“Right now Joel Diaz Jr. is the hottest prospect in the world of boxing.” said Yagobi. “Every time he fights the fans rave of his performance, style and punching power. He’s getting better with each fight because he’s dedicated to the sport. I’m working on getting right back in the ring next week if things go as planned. The sky is the limit for this kid and I’m excited about his future.”
Joel Diaz Jr is promoted by Boxing 360. For more information on Diaz please visit www.boxing360.com.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity