Joey Hernandez keen on new opportunities after parting ways with Don King
Miami based boxer, Joey Hernandez is expressing delight after parting ways with Don King Promotions and is quickly forging ahead to a brighter future. World title chasing Hernandez, nicknamed Twinkle Fingers last fought in November last year when he impressed in a unanimous decision win over James Winchester but is hopeful his new status can open the way to big deals as he desperately seeks to revive his professional career.
“I’m so excited I got release from Don. I signed something I can’t badmouth him, all I can say is Joey Hernandez is officially released from Don King Promotions and now is a free agent willing to accept any challenges with top guys,” an obviously elated Hernandez told East Side Boxing exclusively.
Hernadez, 23-1-1, 13 KOs added: “Twinkle is back. It feels great in my best years and prime. I want to thank my attorney, the best attorney in the world, Andrew Horn. I can’t wait to start getting calls, my career will go off now.”
- Injury blow forces Joshua out of ExCeL return – Paul Smith added to bill
- Ilungu Makubu vs Pawel Kolodziej on Golovkin/Adama Undercard
- Braekhus to fight Myriam Lamare in Frederikshavn on January 18
- Lennox Clarke Back In Action
- Beard Backs Malinga To Beat Hall For World Crown
- ‘Rocky’ Returns After Two Years Out At Wigan
- Michael Jennings: “Matty can’t think past his next fight”
- Thrill-a-minute slugger James Kirkland is BACK!
- Dazzling Darren Barker fails to weather the Sturm; Post Fight Video Interviews
- Sakio Bika Draws With Anthony Dirrell: Retains WBC 168 lb Strap
- Malignaggi defeats Judah, wants Broner-Maidana winner
- Rigondeaux dominates Agbeko; Macklin defeats Russ; Kirkland stops Tapia
- Malignaggi decisions Judah; Porter defeats Alexander; Lara beats Trout
- Italy 4-1 Germany: Team Deutschland crushed