John Bray Boxing Foundation Teams Up with House of Boxing Training Center
Press Release For Immediate Release
San Diego, California (September 19, 2013) – The John Bray Boxing Foundation is holding the 4th Annual John Bray Free Youth Boxing Clinic in an effort to continue to help the community in preventing and combating gang violence while promoting discipline and academic success among school-age students. After three successful events held in the San Fernando Valley and Central Valley of California, the John Bray Boxing Foundation has teamed up with the House of Boxing Training Center for an event in San Diego, California.
The House of Boxing Training
Center’s Carlos Barragan Sr. and Jr. have continued to make major contributions and positive impacts within the South Bay communities of the city of San Diego for over 20 years. Both organizations have arranged this free youth boxing clinic in an effort to raise awareness of issues that impact the youth of our community.
Children and teens face many temptations everyday; whether it is drugs, gangs or peer pressure. The John Bray Boxing Foundation and House of Boxing Training Center want to provide these promising young men and women with an alternative where they can feel at home and escape the pressures they have to deal with daily. Although it is considered a boxing clinic, these participants will also listen to inspirational speakers, and learn about nutrition, life skills and attitude development.
We are proud to announce that Everlast Worldwide Inc. has agreed to provide and sponsor our events with the best boxing equipment available. Students between the ages of 8 and 15 are welcome.
We have arranged special guest appearances by former World Heavyweight Champion Chris Byrd, former World Junior Middleweight champion Paul Vaden, former World Champion’s Gabriel and Rafael Ruelas, former Middleweight contender Alex “the Bronx Bomber” Ramos, Light welterweight prospect “The Relentless” Antonio Orozco, 2012 U.S. Super Heavyweight Olympian and current Heavyweight prospect Dominic “Trouble” Breazeale, 2013 USA Boxing National Champion and Continental Champion Danyelle Wolf, veteran referee Jack Reiss, Carlos “the Cutman” Vargas and influential leaders from the community.
The 4th Annual John Bray Free Youth Boxing Clinic is scheduled to take place on Saturday, October 12, 2013 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Check-in is at 8:30 a.m. The event will take place at the House of Boxing Training Center located at 2304 Reo Drive, San Diego, California.
If you are interested in sponsoring this great event or for additional information, please contact Jerry Gonzalez at (559) 643-9313 or Carlos Barragan at (619) 399-5898. All donations are welcome and greatly appreciated.
For additional information regarding the John Bray Boxing Foundation and House of Boxing Training Center, please visit www.johnbrayboxingfoundation.org or www.hobsd.com.
- Mike Tyson’s blue-chip welterweight prospect Erickson Lubin is future of boxing
- Will Agbeko Perform Better Than Donaire Against Rigondeaux?
- WBC News
- Livestream: Judah vs Malignaggi Presser & Weigh-In
- Connecticut Boxing Hall of Fame a knockout success
- Chris Mannix: “I’m Told Mayweather-Khan Is a Done Deal”
- Lewis Taylor targets Adam Etches
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights