- ESPN: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Alex Leapai on April 26 Bermane Stiverne vs. Chris Arreola May 10
- Countdown to "The Moment: Mayweather vs. Maidana"
- Mayweather Is Protecting The Throne
- Tyson Fury joins British Eurosport's studio for Klitschko/Leapai fight
- Alex Leapai-Wladimir Klitschko preview
- Maidana: "I don't care about titles, all I want to do is beat Mayweather"
- Quigley Comes Home – From Hollywood To Liverpool
- Averlant vs. Sahin: WBF World Championship May 7
- WSB: Cuba lead Russia after first semi-final
- Erislandy Lara to Attend 25th Anniversary Billboard Latin Music Conference
- IMAM vs. UGAS Co-Main Added to May 10 USC Galen Center ESPN Event
- Full Undercard for Golden Boy Live! event in Puerto Rico announced
Johnny Bos tribute Tuesday night in New York
NEW YORK, NY (May 20, 2013) – Ring 8 will pay tribute to the late, great matchmaker Johnny Bos tomorrow night (Tuesday, May 21 starting at 7:00 p.m. ET) at historic Waterfront Crabhouse, in Long Island City, New York.
Many of Bos’ friends, family and associates have been invited to attend tomorrow;s Ring 8 monthly meeting in an effort to raise funds to help defray the costs of Bos’ funeral. One-hundred percent of all proceeds raised tomorrow from new Ring 8 membership fees ($30.00 per year entitles each member to a buffet dinner at Ring 8 monthly meetings), as well as any group or individual donations, will go directly towards Bos’ funeral expenses.
The eccentric Bos – known as “The Wizard of Bos” – helped develop the careers of countless boxers over the years, particularly in New York, as a matchmaker and advisor. Some of “Bos’ boxers” include Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield. Pernell Whitaker, Gerry Cooney, Paulie Malignaggi, Joey Gamache, Yuri Foreman, Jameel McCline and Tracy Harris Patterson.
“We just became aware of this situation (funeral expense needs) over the weekend and Ring 8 wanted to help,” Ring 8 president Bob Duffy said. “All monies raised will go directly to Johnny’s family towards his funeral expenses. Ring 8 member and Johnny’s close friend, Don Majeski, was the driving force in this effort.
“Anybody from New York who has been involved in boxing for the past 25 years or more, if asked to identify one person in New York boxing, would say Johnny Bos. He was a boxing icon who everybody knew and respected. He was a tough guy to make matches with, though, because he always knew what he was doing. Johnny Bos was a great guy and Ring 8 is privileged to pay tribute to him.”
ABOUT RING 8: Formed in 1954 by an ex-prizefighter, Jack Grebelsky, Ring 8 became the eighth subsidiary of what was then known as the National Veteran Boxers Association – hence, RING 8 – and today the organization’s motto still remains: Boxers Helping Boxers.
RING 8 is fully committed to supporting less fortunate people in the boxing community who may require assistance in terms of paying rent, medical expenses, or whatever justifiable need.
Go on line to www.Ring8ny.com for more information about RING 8, the largest group of its kind in the United States with more than 350 members. Annual membership dues is only $30.00 and each member is entitled to a buffet dinner at RING 8 monthly meetings, the third Tuesday of every month, excluding July and August. All active boxers, amateur and professional, are entitled to a complimentary RING 8 yearly membership.
- Bernard Hopkins Historic Return to DC
- Adams and Monroe Jr. win and earn spots in Boxcino Middleweight final
- Clayton Defends WBF World Title In Madani Rematch
- Shawn “Showtime” Porter steals the show in DC!
- Page dominates Spearman for UBF All-Americas Title
- Porter Stops Malignaggi; Quillin Beats Konecny
- Bernard Hopkins Outpoints Beibut Shumenov
- Video: Browne vs Bahoeli this Saturday
- Adrien “The Problem” Broner Holds Media Workout—Photos and More!
- Is this Golden Boy/Showtime Tripleheader entertaining matchmaking or mismatches on premium cable?
- Final Presser Quotes – Thurman, Diaz, Matthysse, Molina, Figueroa & More
- Adrien Broner – Washington D.C quotes
- Omar Figueroa Vs. Jerry Belmontes: Two Fighters With A History
- Carl Froch and George Groves will come face-to-face again on May 1 on Sky Sports