- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Jonghun Shin: “I started boxing for my family”
Lausanne, Switzerland, 08 June 2013 – The AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) “Boxer of the Week” campaign proved highly popular among Asian boxing fans this week, as the World and Olympic Silver Medallist from Korea, Light Flyweight (46-49kg) Jonghun Shin become the latest boxing star to be unveiled by APB.
A genuine idol in his homeland, Shin was one of the first boxers to sign up with APB, declaring that this is his chance to gain worldwide recognition.
In this interview, led by boxing fans across the globe, the South Korean star shares the happiest and most difficult moments of his life. He also talks about his first steps in boxing and his humble aim to help improve life for his family:
“In those times my family was quite poor and it made me think that I would be able to make money through boxing in order to buy a nice apartment for my family and to finally move out from our old house.”
The APB boxer also talks about his emotions relating to the London Olympic Games where he won a silver medal. Finally, “Sonic Man” unveils his hopes in regards to the next AIBA World Boxing Championships in Kazakhstan.
For the whole text of the Jonghun Shin interview, visit the AIBA website:http://bit.ly/Zy5anr
APB is pleased to announce that the “Boxer of the Week” Social campaign will remain in Asia this time putting the spotlight on a Filipino APB Boxer. APB’s facebook fans will be able to ask him their questions from Monday 10th until Wednesday, June 12th.
APB’s “Boxer of the Week” campaign aims at unveiling the APB boxers’ roster athlete by athlete with the involvement of boxing fans.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In