- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
- USA Boxing’s Elite Women to Face Northern Neighbors in the Battle of the Frontiers on August 21
- Gingras-McCreedy, young stars headline Sept. 12
José Pedraza vs. Alejandro Rodriguez on Saturday, February 23rd in Ponce, Puerto Rico
January 24, 2013 – On Saturday, February 23, Universal Promotions will be presenting their first 2013 boxing card at the Auditorium Juan “Pachin” Vicens in Ponce, Puerto Rico, which will feature three championship fights.
In the main event, undefeated rising star, Jose “Sniper” Pedraza (11-0, 7 KOs) will be defending his WBC Youth super featherweight title, against Mexico’s, Alejandro Rodriguez (18-8, 10 KOs) in a bout set for ten rounds.
“We are excited because this will be a great card with lots of competitive fights,” said Javier Bustillo, president of Universal Promotions. “Pedraza debuted in Ponce with a Knockout victory in the first round, and the fans in Ponce were asking to watch him again.”
“I cannot wait to defend my title. I went four months without a fight, so I’m hungry for a huge victory in Ponce. We are preparing very well, and the fans can expect a great show from me in an event full of great fights,” said José Pedraza, who is promoted by, Gary Shaw Productions, Universal Promotions, and DiBella Entertainment.
Pedraza’s last fight was in October, were he defeated Tevin Farmer by TKO in the 8th round, (7-4-1, 1 KOs) in a Showtime main event held in Missouri.
During his spectacular amateur career, Pedraza built up an impressive record of 160 wins and 16 losses. He won a silver medal in the World Championships in Italy, and captured gold medals in the Central American Caribbean Games in Mayaguez, PR, the Copa Romana in Dominican Republic, and in the qualification tournament in Guatemala for the 2008 Beijing Olympics in China, among others.
Rodriguez holds victories over former undefeated prospects, Carlo Jhean Aparicio (13-0, 10 KOs) and Daniel Evangelista Jr. (11-0-1, 9 KOs). In addition, Rodríguez has gone the distance against Rances Barthelemy, Abner Cotto, Eloy Perez, John Molina and Mickey Bey Jr., among others.
In the co-feature bout, former world title contender, Mario “El Principe” Santiago (22-3-1, 14 KO’s) will face tough Dominican, Marcos “El Tigre” Jimenez (18-4, 12 KOs) for the WBA Fedecentro super featherweight title (130lbs) scheduled for 10-rounds.
Former world champion, and reigning WBA Fedecaribe middleweight champion, Manuel “Manny” Siaca (24-7, 20 KOs) will defend his title against American, Gundrick King (18-9, 11 KOs) in a bout scheduled for 10 rounds.
Also in action: Fernando Torres (18-2-1, 10 KO’s), Edgardo “Eggie” Laboy (5-0, 2 KOs), Carlos “Kid” Narvaez (5-0, 5 KO’), Miguel “El Gallo” Marrero (7-0, 4 KOs), Edwin Rodriguez (2-0, 2 KOs), Reggie Santiago (1-1, 1 KOs), among others. The first fight will start at 7:30 pm.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin
- Danny Garcia – Viktor Postol fight ordered by WBC