- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
Josesito Lopez talks Mike Arnaoutis fight
ORANGE, Calif. (Dec. 3, 2013) – Top welterweight contender Josesito “Riverside Rocky” Lopez (30-6, 18 KOs) headlined a media workout Tuesday at the Ponce De Leon Boxing Gym in Los Angeles. Lopez battles “Mighty” Mike Arnaoutis (24-9-1, 11 KOs) in the latest installment of Golden Boy Live! on Friday, Dec. 13 at the Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio, Calif.
Lopez vs. Arnoutis, is a 10-round welterweight bout presented by Golden Boy Promotions in association with Goossen Tutor Promotions, Thompson Boxing Promotions and Star Boxing and is sponsored by Corona and O’Reilly Auto Parts. Doors open at 4:00 p.m. PT and the first fight starts at 4:30 p.m. PT. The FOX Sports 1 and Fox Deportes broadcast airs live at 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT.
Tickets, priced at $25, $35 and $45, are on sale now at the Fantasy Springs Box Office, by calling (800) 827-2946 or online at www.fantasyspringsresort.com.
You’re coming off a rough patch in your career. Virtually every professional boxer goes through a tough cycle at some point. How did you handle it and what did you learn from the experience?
You have to take it as a learning experience and continue to work hard no matter what happened in the past. Staying motivated and keeping active in the gym worked really well for me. At the end of the day you have to put it behind you and move on. Every fight presents a new opportunity to improve and learn and that’s how I’m approaching this fight. As long as you prepare well and go in with a solid game plan, then you’ll be fine.
Do you feel as if you have something to prove?
There’s definitely added motivation to come out and look sharp. I know I have world champion talent, I just have to go out and show it. I’m anxious to go out and perform at a high level.
Until recently, you fought primarily at junior welterweight. Are you starting to find your comfort zone at 147?
I think I’m becoming a full welterweight now. Your body gets used to fighting at a certain weight and sometimes it takes more than a couple of fights to settle into a new weight class. As far as boxing, I’ve become accustomed to sparring with bigger guys and understanding their movements.
How was this training camp different from others?
Our preparation was top-notch. We didn’t take our foot off the gas when our original opponent fell through. We kept grinding and preparing. In fact, the change in opponents was kind of refreshing because I was able to see a lot of different styles during sparring sessions, which kept my mind real active. I put in all the hard work that is required to get a win. I had daily cardio sessions in the morning and I followed that up with 2 to 3 hours of gym work in the evening.
What are you expecting from your opponent Mike Arnouatis?
Mike is a tough fighter that has gone up against some world class boxers. He has plenty of experience so I’m expecting a good, tough fight. I’ll come out aggressive and see what happens from there.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall