- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS CONFIRMED FOR INAUGURAL BOX FAN EXPO TO TAKE PLACE SEPT. 13 IN LAS VEGAS
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
Jovan Young Set For UK Debut At York Hall On 5th July
One of the UKs most exciting and entertaining young boxers of today, Lewisham Light Heavyweight Jovan Young Star Young may have a five fight unbeaten record, but incredibly to date none of his home fans have yet to see the former Repton Amateur star in action as a pro.
But now thats all about to change, as Jovan makes his British debut on the Dave Murphy, in association with Acourtier Events, promoted Independence Day extravaganza at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London on Friday, 5th July 2013, against Florida, USAs Manny Muhammad.
25 year old Jovan turned professional in June last year and travelled to Punta del Este in Uruguay for his professional debut, against Sao Paulo Brazils Gilson Silva. An early finish was the order of the day with Jovan stopping Silva in the third round.
Two months later Jovan once again packed his bags, this time crossing the big pond to face homeboy Ivan Burke in Charlotte, North Carolina. Once more Jovan finished early, this time stopping his opponent in the second round.
Three weeks later Jovan was once again in action in North Carolina, this time in Winston-Salem, where he took on local Cruiserweight Willie Bookman. As with his previous outings Jovan stopped his opponent early, just this time though it took Jovan just two minutes and thirty four seconds of the first round to dispatch Bookman.
Two weeks later Jovan made the relatively short trip, to Columbia, South Carolina, where he faced, and beat Marlin Washington on points.
Three weeks later Jovan was back in action in North Carolina, this time in Greensboro, where he faced Atlanta Georgias Yuwshua Zadok in a six round contest.
After six grueling all action rounds against Zadok, the judges were split, Judge Marty Garner see it 58-56 in favour of Jovan, Judge Tyrone Evans see it as a 57-57 draw and Judge Time Gosch also see it as 58-56, but in favour of Zadok.
Following a training session at Miguels Gym in Brixton, Jovan took a little time to talk about his upcoming home debut.
Im excited, really, really excited.
Ive been away for too long, Ive been fighting away in America, even went to Latin America for my debut fight.
Im really excited to be finally making my home debut. Theres nothing as special as fighting in front of your home crowd, I know that from my amateur days, so am really looking forward to fighting at York Hall on July 5th.
Its ironic that the guy Ill be fighting on July 5th is American, but thats what I have been doing for the past year beating up Americans.
As I said I am really looking forward to fighting at York Hall, I mean its the home of British boxing, if youre an English fighter you want to fight there, it has the most amazing atmosphere.
British fans are the best in the World, they really are so appreciative of a good fight and on the 5th July I will give them something to cheer about, thats for sure.
Jovan Young Star Young versus Manny Muhammad features on the undercard of the Jennifer Rezke – Mikaela Laurén, Light Middleweight World Championship fight, that headlines the Dave Murphy, in association with Acourtier Events, promoted Independence Day event, which takes place at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London, on Friday 5th July 2013.
Tickets, priced £30 (Gallery), £35 (Ground floor standard seated) and £65 (Ringside) are available on-line at www.tkoboxoffice.com – www.mariannemarston.com – www.acourtier.com – or in person from the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning town www.tkoboxinggym.com – and Ringtone Gym in Euston – www.ringtonehealthandfitness.com – or from Jovan Young or any of the boxers taking part in the event, or call 07960 850645, 07809 499896 or 07557 641597 for further information.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent