- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
- Coyle and Ryder heading to Dublin
- Sammy Vasquez Jr. Training Camp Quotes
- Raging Babe online store to launch Friday
Juan Manuel Lopez getting ready for Mikey Garcia
Free of the bruises on his face, Juan Manuel “Juanma” Lopez, continue his hard work for his challenge against the World Boxing Organization (WBO) featherweight champion Miguel Angel “Mikey” Garcia to be held on June 15 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas, in a Top Rank presentation, broadcasted on HBO.
The former two time world champion, Juanma Lopez (33-2, 30 KOs), who is ranked #4 by the WBO in the featherweights, will travel to Dallas on Monday, June 10, along with his manager Orlando Piñero, and his trainers Alex Caraballo and Freddy Trinidad.
“Juanma is training hard for the fight and better without the bruises on his face”, said Peter Rivera, PR Best Boxing Promotions Vice-President, about the bruises Juanma Lopez had on his face when he fell some weeks ago during track training. “He is working to make the weight and to get in a good shape and condition for Mikey Garcia”.
Juanma Lopez come off two KO wins in February and April, 2013, over Aldimar Silva Santos and Eugenio Lopez, respectively, while his rival Mikey Garcia (31-0, 26 KOs) come off a spectacular win over Orlando Salido to win the WBO featherweight belt on January 19, when he sent Salido four times to the canvas. Then, Garcia won a technical decision in nine rounds when he hurted his nose after an accidental headbutt and didn’t continue the fight.
Also in action at the American Airlines Center Puerto Rican prospect John Karl Sosa (7-0, 5 KOs), recently signed by Top Rank, will make his debut out of his country. Sosa will face Alexis Peña (7-2, 5 KOs) in a fight scheduled to six rounds in the junior welterweight division.
Sosa trains at the Jose “Cheo” Aponte Gym in Caguas along with Juanma Lopez, Jonathan “Bomba” Gonzalez and other contenders and prospects. In his last fight, Sosa beat Tommy Bryant by a third round TKO in Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes