- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
Keandrae Leatherwood to face Julian Williams on Alvarez vs. Trout undercard
April 4, 2013 – Junior middleweight prospect KeAndrae “Lightning” Leatherwood (12-2-1, 8 KOs) has been added to the undercard of Saul Alvarez and Austin Trout’s unification bout at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas which takes place April 20th. Boxing 360′s Leatherwood will compete in a 10-round bout against Golden Boy Promotions undefeated Julian Williams (11-0-1, 6 KOs) from Philadelphia.
This will be Leatherwood’s first professional fight in Texas and he is being matched tough with Williams coming off of two 7 round TKOs in a row. The nickname “Lightning” is fitting for Leatherwood, who possesses some of the fastest hands in the division, but he will have to prepare himself accordingly in order to perform in a manner that captures the attention of a predictably enthusiastic Texas crowd.
“I’ve regrouped and I know what I have to focus on in order to produce the best possible performances. My opponent is a talented guy, but I haven’t even hit my peak yet and my best boxing is still to come. I know what I’m capable of and I think the boxing world will take notice once they see me put it all together,” Leatherwood said.
Leatherwood is looking to take advantage of the high profiled feature bout and hopes to capture the attention of an enthusiastic crowd.
“I know that the atmosphere will be off the charts, it’s going to be a great night for boxing. I’m going to win over some of those Latin fans and they will leave the arena that night wanting to see me again,” Leatherwood said.
Boxing 360′s Mario Yagobi is thrilled to see Leatherwood on an undercard of this magnitude and he too sees this as an opportunity for his fighter to gain a new fan base.
“It’s a chance for KeAndrae to show his skills in front of a completely new geographical demographic. Texas fans know boxing and the expected crowd in San Antonio will be an enlightened bunch. Those fans are capable of appreciating a fighter’s talents and they will recognize KeAndrae’s when he displays his speed, versatility and other attributes,” said Leatherwood’s promoter Mario Yagobi of Boxing 360.
KeAndrae Leatherwood is promoted by Boxing 360. For more information on Leatherwood please visit www.boxing360.com.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent