Keandrae Leatherwood to face Julian Williams on Alvarez vs. Trout undercard
April 4, 2013 – Junior middleweight prospect KeAndrae “Lightning” Leatherwood (12-2-1, 8 KOs) has been added to the undercard of Saul Alvarez and Austin Trout’s unification bout at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas which takes place April 20th. Boxing 360′s Leatherwood will compete in a 10-round bout against Golden Boy Promotions undefeated Julian Williams (11-0-1, 6 KOs) from Philadelphia.
This will be Leatherwood’s first professional fight in Texas and he is being matched tough with Williams coming off of two 7 round TKOs in a row. The nickname “Lightning” is fitting for Leatherwood, who possesses some of the fastest hands in the division, but he will have to prepare himself accordingly in order to perform in a manner that captures the attention of a predictably enthusiastic Texas crowd.
“I’ve regrouped and I know what I have to focus on in order to produce the best possible performances. My opponent is a talented guy, but I haven’t even hit my peak yet and my best boxing is still to come. I know what I’m capable of and I think the boxing world will take notice once they see me put it all together,” Leatherwood said.
Leatherwood is looking to take advantage of the high profiled feature bout and hopes to capture the attention of an enthusiastic crowd.
“I know that the atmosphere will be off the charts, it’s going to be a great night for boxing. I’m going to win over some of those Latin fans and they will leave the arena that night wanting to see me again,” Leatherwood said.
Boxing 360′s Mario Yagobi is thrilled to see Leatherwood on an undercard of this magnitude and he too sees this as an opportunity for his fighter to gain a new fan base.
“It’s a chance for KeAndrae to show his skills in front of a completely new geographical demographic. Texas fans know boxing and the expected crowd in San Antonio will be an enlightened bunch. Those fans are capable of appreciating a fighter’s talents and they will recognize KeAndrae’s when he displays his speed, versatility and other attributes,” said Leatherwood’s promoter Mario Yagobi of Boxing 360.
KeAndrae Leatherwood is promoted by Boxing 360. For more information on Leatherwood please visit www.boxing360.com.
- Michael Jennings: “Matty can’t think past his next fight”
- Price’s ring-return delayed by virus
- Lionell Thompson plans to destroy Ryan Coyne Saturday in Atlantic City
- Local Stars Triumph In WBF Title Fights
- “Malignaggi, Rigondeaux, Sturm, Lara, Porter, and Kirkland” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner’s: Weekend Wrap”
- Robert Stieglitz vs Arthur Abraham III Official: March 1st in Magdeburg
- Video: All Access: Broner vs. Maidana – Full Episode
- Thrill-a-minute slugger James Kirkland is BACK!
- Dazzling Darren Barker fails to weather the Sturm; Post Fight Video Interviews
- Sakio Bika Draws With Anthony Dirrell: Retains WBC 168 lb Strap
- Malignaggi defeats Judah, wants Broner-Maidana winner
- Rigondeaux dominates Agbeko; Macklin defeats Russ; Kirkland stops Tapia
- Malignaggi decisions Judah; Porter defeats Alexander; Lara beats Trout
- Italy 4-1 Germany: Team Deutschland crushed