- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
- “Bad” Chad Dawson returns to Foxwoods resort casino on October 4th
- GOLOVKIN 165, RUBIO 174.5 AT 30-DAY WBC WEIGH IN
Kell Brook vs Vyacheslav Senchenko on October 26
On Saturday afternoon October 26th, undefeated Welterweight contender Kell Brook will battle former WBA Welterweight champion Vyacheslav Senchenko in a bout scheduled for 12 rounds and will be broadcasted in the United States on AWE and www.awetv.com
The action will originate from the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield, England.
Brook of Sheffield, England has a record of 30-0 with 20 knockouts and is currently ranked number-one by the IBF and number-nine by the WBO.
Brook has won several regional titles as he won the British Welterweight championship with a knockout win over Barrie Jones (15-1). He defended that bout four times with wins over Kevin Mcintyre (26-5), Stewart Elwell (12-3), Michael Lomax (15-1) and former world title challenger Michael Jennings (36-2).
Brook went on to win the WBO Intercontinental Welterweight title with a 6th round stoppage over Krzysztof Bienias (39-3). He defended that title one time and then went on win the WBA Intercontinental with a win over former world title challenger Lovemore N’dou. He defended that title twice with wins over former world title challengers Rafal Jackiewicz and Matthew Hatton. Brook also collected the IBF International title in the Hatton win.
Brook then went on to beat Carson Jones, Hector Saldivia (41-2) and he is coming off a 8th round stoppage in a rematch with Jones that took place on July 13th.
Brook was scheduled to face IBF world champion Devon Alexander but the fight had to be postponed three times due to injuries.
Senchenko of Dontsk, Ukraine has a record of 34-1 with 23 knockouts.
Like Brook, Senchenko won various titles such as the IBF Intercontinental and subsequently made four defenses. Senchenko collected the IBF International title before winning the WBA Intercontinental title with a 3rd round stoppage over Viktor Sydorenko (13-2).
He made three defenses of the title which included a win over former world title challenger Frederick Klose (41-6).
Senchenko then won the WBA Welterweight championship with a 12 round unanimous decision over Yuriy Nuzhnenko (28-0-1). Senchenko made three defenses before being stopped by Paulie Malignaggi.
Senchenko then redeemed himself as he stopped future Hall of Famer Ricky Hatton with a body shot which re-retired the popular Englishman.
Senchenko is coming off a 4th round stoppage over Carlos Adan Jerez on August 24th.
“This is a great fight with a lot of meaning”, said AWE CEO Charles Herring
“If it wasn’t for injuries, Brook could be a world champion today and for him to risk his title shot against Senchenko, who is a former world champion and has a knockout over Ricky Hatton shows that we will have a great fight on October 26th. Plus the implications are huge with the winner basically guaranteed a title shot, continues to show the type of fights we want to bring to AWE.”
The fight card will begin at 3pm eastern time.
The network is currently available nationally on Verizon FiOS TV channel 169 and 669 in HD, AT&T U-Verse TV channels 470 and 1470 in HD, along with over 100 cable systems across the country and worldwide. The new website for AWE iswww.AWEtv.com.
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down