- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Froch/Kessler: Kessler: I’ll beat Froch again
Super middleweight champions Mikkel Kessler (WBA) and Carl Froch (IBF) wrapped up their two day international media tour in Denmark on Tuesday evening. One day after facing the press at the O2 Arena in London, they caught up with the Danish media at a crowded press conference that was televised live all over the Viking Warrior’s home country. On May 25, Kessler and Froch will collide at the O2 Arena in London.
“We sold 15,000 tickets on the first day and we’re virtually sold out,” promoter Kalle Sauerland said. “The interest has been huge, but that’s no surprise given the dramatic first fight. Mikkel Kessler and Carl Froch are two very special fighters who will leave it all in the ring once again. Mikkel beat Carl once and I am sure he will beat him again.”
Kessler believes his clash with Froch is the “biggest fight in the super’middleweight division” at the time being. He said: “Just look at the fan interest and how fast the tickets have been selling. All over the world the fans really want to see us doing it again because they know it will be a war. No holding, no headbutting, no clinching. Just two warriors going at it from the first bell until the very end. It will be pure action and adrenaline.
“Carl came to my country, now I am coming to his country. I owe him that. I have fought and traveled all over the world, so I look forward to facing Carl in his backyard. On May 25, two true champions will clash. And I will be the winner again.”
Said Froch: “It is going to be a toe-to-toe fight, it will be vicious and brutal. This is a fight that could go either way, but I know that I will win. He beat me the first time, no excuses, but May 25 will be different. I will throw punches at him from the first bell and honestly I think that will be too much for him to handle. I know that he will not grab or hold but fight fire with fire and come right back at me, so the fans will be in for a real treat.
“We had a good two day press tour, the interest is huge in the UK and in Denmark and that is what boxing at the top level is all about.”
Said Eddie Hearn: “I can’t remember a fight to sell out that quickly, this is fantastic and tells you everything you need to know about May 25. Two great champions, a great venue that is virtually sold out and huge TV interest all over the world – it can’t get any better than this.”
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Bernard Hopkins & Beibut Shumenov Washington D.C. Presser Quotes
- DANNY “SWIFT” GARCIA MAKES HIS GRAND ARRIVAL IN PUERTO RICO
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior