- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Khan sees Mayweather as too skilled for Guerrero; thinks he’s got the style to beat Floyd
Amir Khan is hoping to get Floyd Mayweather Jr. in the ring in the near future, possibly in September if Mayweather gets past Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero tonight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. Khan likes Mayweather in that fight due to his skills.
Khan said as quoted by thesun.co.uk “Guerrero’s a tough guy but skill-wise he’s not in the same league as Mayweather…I have a great team around me and we have a game plan for defeating Mayweather.”
I can see how it would be in Khan’s best interest that Mayweather wins tonight because a Khan-Guerrero fight wouldn’t draw flies in the United States. You can stage that fight anywhere and only the hardcore boxing fans would care about it, but a Khan-Mayweather fight would be interesting but only in the UK. You can’t see a Khan-Mayweather fight in the USA because Khan doesn’t have a fan base there.
Guerrero does have the skills to make it tough on Mayweather, but I don’t know if he has the hand speed or the defense. Guerrero has been talking about wanting to walk Mayweather down to overwhelm him with punches. If he fights like that it’ll mean that Guerrero will take a lot of punishment to the head because he’s too easy to hit when he fights like that.
After his foul-plagued win over Andre Berto last November, Guerrero talked about how he wants to hit his opponent immediately after he gets hit, but he might find it hard to do that against Mayweather because he’s not always easy to hit. What we could see is Mayweather landing a shot followed by Guerrero trying to hit him back and missing badly. Guerrero isn’t going to win the fight that way.
His best bet in getting a win is if Mayweather does what Berto did by standing with his back against the ropes. If that happens, then Guerrero has a chance, but that would be a bad move by Mayweather to fight that kind of fight. He’s already seen the Guerrero-Berto fight and he’s not going to want to fight him that way after seeing how it didn’t work for Berto.
As for Khan, he might get the fight with Mayweather if there’s no one interesting available. I’m sure Showtime would like the idea of Mayweather fighting Khan if Mayweather doesn’t fight WBA/WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?