- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
Kickstarter Campaign Launches for Biopic on First Olympic Gold Super Heavyweight Boxer
October 1st, 2013 – Philadelphia, PA – A city that has perhaps the richest boxing history of any may have neglected one of its best. In 1987 Tyrell Biggs seemed on the verge of writing a new chapter in Boxing history. “The second-coming of Muhammad Ali,” they called him.
But then something happened and Tyrell Biggs began his steady decline into obscurity. Whatever happened to Tyrell Biggs? is the question co-director Dafna Yachin asks in her new feature documentary that explores Biggs’s life, from his teenage years in West Philadelphia to the resurfacing of his fatal flaws many years later as he faced the hard realities of professional boxing.
From standout high school basketball star to first-ever Olympic super heavyweight Gold Medalist, Biggs was on top of the world. Then came his descent into addiction.
Funds raised through this Kickstarter crowd funding campaign will help Yachin (who met Biggs at a local gym while working on a television series about boxing) and her team complete the film and share Tyrell’s story with the world. The film includes hard-hitting interviews with boxing greats and hopefuls such as Jesse “Hard Work” Hart and his renowned boxing father, Eugene “Cyclone” Hart. “This film is going to be a great display of excellence in a boxing community,” says Jesse. “My father only let me study the greats and Tyrell was one of them. Everyone should support the documentary and join Team Biggs.”
Whatever Happened to Tyrell Biggs? is currently in final production. Funds contributed through Kickstarter will help fund final shooting and the rough-cut edit. Whatever Happened to Tyrell Biggs? will be funded only if $35,000 is pledged by the end of the short run campaign.
Learn more about the film at the links below:
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity