- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Lee Glover Wants Male
Lee Glover (7-1) will have his eyes firmly on the main event after he competes on the undercard of EJKO Promotions’ ‘Double Trouble 2’ bill at Walsall Town Hall on Saturday, 16th November.
Chris Male and Troy James compete in a British Super Featherweight Title Eliminator and the ‘The Tipton Slasher’, whose opponent on the evening has yet to be confirmed, will be watching with real interest.
Glover made a welcome return to the ring last month following a near two-year absence and has set his sights on a showdown with Male.
The Black Country pair grew up in the same area and Glover is keen to step in with his local rival.
“I’m looking forward to getting back out there next month and then I want a shot at Chris Male,” Glover told www.uko-boxing.com. “We’re both from the same area and there’s a bit of rivalry between us.
“He thinks he’s better than me and I know I’m better than him. I don’t think he’ll fight me but I want to fight him. He’s fighting Troy James on Saturday, who I beat in the amateurs, so let’s see if we can get it on in the near future instead.
“If Male wants to get it on, I’ll go today, tomorrow, next week, next month. The sooner the better for me.”
After taking a break from the sport, the 26 year-old is ready to make up for lost time.
Up until last month, Glover hadn’t fought since October 2011 when he suffered a first defeat at the hands of Choi Tseveenpurev. Before that, the Black Country featherweight had won his opening six contests.
Glover blew away the cobwebs following his lengthy absence with a comfortable 40 – 36 points win over Latvian Pavel Senkovs.
“It was great to be back out there,” he added. “I thought I boxed well against Senkovs. I won every round and felt good. I had nearly 100 amateur fights so I was able to call on that experience too, which helps.
“Being out so long, I just need rounds. The aim is to keep busy and make up for lost time.”
As well as Male (12-1) versus James (14-2-1) and Lee Glover, there are a number of mouth-watering contests on ‘Double Trouble 2’. There is a real 50/50 British Masters Welterweight Title clash between Stourbridge’s former Midlands Area Welterweight Champion, Steven Pearce (7-2) and Stafford’s Rob Hunt (17-2-2).
Walsall’s, Chris Keane (10-1), is also back in action whilst West Bromwich welterweight, Tom Stokes (3-0), will be hoping to make it a hat-trick of victories in his third professional fight.
Stafford’s undefeated super middleweight, Grant Cunningham (8-0) features alongside Stoke lightweight, Andy Keates (7-1) and debutants Lennox Clarke (Halesowen super middleweight) and Ainsley Ratcliffe (Tipton flyweight) complete the card.
Tickets, priced at £30 and £60 Ringside, are available from Walsall Town Hall Box Office on 0845 111 2900. The aftershow party will take place at The Pitch Sports Bar and Grill, Bridge Street, Walsall.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity