- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
Legend vs. Legend: Lopez vs. Ayala Sr. on March 23rd in San Antonio, Texas
On Saturday, March 23rd, boxing will finally return to the beautiful Sunset Station for the first time in almost ten years. The platform is only fitting when one considers the years of experience both camps will bring to the ring this weekend.
In opposite corners, two legendary figures within the San Antonio boxing community will embark in a pugilistic chess match. Jose Angel Lopez, who has been dubbed the trainer of champions by many in the Alamo City, will go head to head with San Antonio Hall of Fame inductee Tony Ayala Sr. in the main event of the evening.
In Lopez’s corner, representing the iconic Angel’s Boxing Club will be slick boxer/puncher Rashad Ganaway. In Ayala’s corner, effective aggressor Justo Vallecillo will attempt to impose his will and further delay Ganaway’s ambitions of world championship glory.
The style match-up is a splendid one; the matador versus the relentless bull. The Lightweight combatants will come into the ring with two widely respected boxing figures, who boast a combined knowledge and experience in the sweet science that exceeds seventy years.
Both Lopez and Ayala have a reputation of demanding perfection from their entire stable of amateur and professional fighters. The San Antonio boxing faithful will have the opportunity to discover which trainer’s protégé will reign supreme and take the next step towards boxing super stardom.
The two lifelong trainers have previously taken hard working fighters to the championship level with Robert “El Pikin” Quiroga and John Michael Johnson respectively. Will Jose Angel Lopez and Tony Ayala Sr. be successful in eventually producing championship gold once again?
Be a part of history as the city of San Antonio celebrates the careers of two legendary fight trainers, Jose Angel Lopez and Tony Ayala Sr., during the Final Press Conference and Luncheon this Wednesday at 2PM, as we kick-off our official countdown to Saturday, March 23rd, “The Quest: Ganaway vs. Vallecillo”!!
The two devoted boxing proponents have been mentoring young men and women in the Alamo City for the past 4 decades, and their undying commitment to the local boxing community is unrivaled.
The luncheon will begin at 2:00PM, with the press conference ceremony starting approximately at 2:30PM. The event will commence at the appropriately named Legends Sports Bar, 1305 SW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78227, Ph: (210) 674-0627
Fighters competing on the talent enriched March 23rd bout sheet will be present for interviews and photo opportunities.
Tickets for “The Quest: Ganaway vs. Vallecillo” will be on sale at tomorrow’s press event and start as low as $20. Tickets are also available by calling 210-771-2732, 210-325-0140, or 210-589-7654!!
Legend versus Legend…Prospect versus Prospect…The Quest begins on March 23rd!
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall