- Tony Weeks Was Story - Angulo Should Be
- Erislandy The American Dream Lara elevated to WBA World Champion
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Garcia out to keep winning streak as Herrera declares ‘he’s fought better guys for peanuts’ ahead of weekend clash live on Boxnation
- Chris Arreola vs. Bermane Stiverne II to be televised by ESPN on May 10th
- Garcia, Herrera, Deontay Wilder and Scott quotes
- 2014 CHICAGO GOLDEN GLOVES, QUARTERFINAL RESULTS
- LiveStream: Garcia vs. Herrera Weigh-In LIVE on Friday
- Record Breaking Participation in Upcoming AIBA Youth World Championships Sofia 2014
- IBF Light Heavyweight Eliminator Moved to June 21st
- WSB: Worlds Collide in the WSB quarter-finals
- Complete Show Boxeo TELEMUNDO March 14, 2014 at Kissimmee Civic Center Kissimmee, Florida
Legend vs. Legend: Lopez vs. Ayala Sr. on March 23rd in San Antonio, Texas
On Saturday, March 23rd, boxing will finally return to the beautiful Sunset Station for the first time in almost ten years. The platform is only fitting when one considers the years of experience both camps will bring to the ring this weekend.
In opposite corners, two legendary figures within the San Antonio boxing community will embark in a pugilistic chess match. Jose Angel Lopez, who has been dubbed the trainer of champions by many in the Alamo City, will go head to head with San Antonio Hall of Fame inductee Tony Ayala Sr. in the main event of the evening.
In Lopez’s corner, representing the iconic Angel’s Boxing Club will be slick boxer/puncher Rashad Ganaway. In Ayala’s corner, effective aggressor Justo Vallecillo will attempt to impose his will and further delay Ganaway’s ambitions of world championship glory.
The style match-up is a splendid one; the matador versus the relentless bull. The Lightweight combatants will come into the ring with two widely respected boxing figures, who boast a combined knowledge and experience in the sweet science that exceeds seventy years.
Both Lopez and Ayala have a reputation of demanding perfection from their entire stable of amateur and professional fighters. The San Antonio boxing faithful will have the opportunity to discover which trainer’s protégé will reign supreme and take the next step towards boxing super stardom.
The two lifelong trainers have previously taken hard working fighters to the championship level with Robert “El Pikin” Quiroga and John Michael Johnson respectively. Will Jose Angel Lopez and Tony Ayala Sr. be successful in eventually producing championship gold once again?
Be a part of history as the city of San Antonio celebrates the careers of two legendary fight trainers, Jose Angel Lopez and Tony Ayala Sr., during the Final Press Conference and Luncheon this Wednesday at 2PM, as we kick-off our official countdown to Saturday, March 23rd, “The Quest: Ganaway vs. Vallecillo”!!
The two devoted boxing proponents have been mentoring young men and women in the Alamo City for the past 4 decades, and their undying commitment to the local boxing community is unrivaled.
The luncheon will begin at 2:00PM, with the press conference ceremony starting approximately at 2:30PM. The event will commence at the appropriately named Legends Sports Bar, 1305 SW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78227, Ph: (210) 674-0627
Fighters competing on the talent enriched March 23rd bout sheet will be present for interviews and photo opportunities.
Tickets for “The Quest: Ganaway vs. Vallecillo” will be on sale at tomorrow’s press event and start as low as $20. Tickets are also available by calling 210-771-2732, 210-325-0140, or 210-589-7654!!
Legend versus Legend…Prospect versus Prospect…The Quest begins on March 23rd!
- Canelo Alvarez Impresses In Controversial TKO Victory Over Alfredo Angulo, Saturday on SHOWTIME PPV
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- Garcia 139.75, Herrera 139.25: Weights
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” A Knockout Success With Well Over 350,000 PPV Buys
- Deontay Wilder Out To Prove He Is The Real Deal
- Strength & Conditioning Changes In Pacquiao Camp
- Weights: Brook-Robles, Bellew-Brudov, & Mitchell-Avakyan
- Price-Pala rescheduled for April 12th in Denmark, Lee also in action
- Juan Manuel Marquez faces Mike Alvarado on May 17th at Inglewood forum