- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
- Lange-Jeter 2 The Rematch set for Nov. 15 at Patriot Center
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
Ray “Boom Boom” Mancini visited the Boxing Hall of Fame yesterday
CANASTOTA, NY – AUGUST 2, 2013 – Former WBA lightweight champion of the world Ray “Boom Boom” Mancini visited the Boxing Hall of Fame yesterday to promote his new film The Good Son. While in Canastota “Boom Boom” conducted media interviews to discuss his championship career and the film, toured the Hall of Fame Museum and stepped back into the MSG boxing ring where he successfully defended his world title 30 years ago. The immensely popular Youngstown, OH native also graciously signed autographs and posed for photos with fans who were on hand to meet him.
“It was an absolute thrill to welcome Ray back to Canastota and hear about the new film from the champ himself,” said Hall director Edward Brophy.
The Good Son tells the story of Ray “Boom Boom” Mancini, who wasn’t merely the lightweight boxing champion – he was a national sports hero, personifying blue-collar toughness. His vow to win the championship for his father, the original “Boom Boom”, captivated the country. The film includes appearances by fellow Youngstowner Ed O’Neill (Modern Family), Hall of Famer Sugar Ray Leonard and actor and pugilist Mickey Rourke.
The Good Son is available to rent through SnagFilms on VOD (Video on Demand) via cable and satellite providers and iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/the-good-son/id664335309). There will also be a theatrical run in New York and Los Angeles and additional select theaters nationwide on August 9th.
For more information on The Good Son visit www.snagfilms.com/thegoodson, www.twitter.com/snagfilms and www.twitter.com/thegoodsondoc
For a photo gallery of “Boom Boom” Mancini at the Hall of Fame, please visit the Hall’s website by clicking HERE
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things