- Arum says Cotto’s next fight likely won’t be HBO PPV
- Arum working on Chavez Jr-Froch fight for 1/24
- Cotto’s adviser to consider Golovkin fight among others
- Gennady Golovkin: The Boxing Monster
- Fenech: "Lucas Browne can be a world champ in six months"
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a "no contest"
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
- Coyle and Ryder heading to Dublin
- Sammy Vasquez Jr. Training Camp Quotes
- Raging Babe online store to launch Friday
- Galahad vs. Cave, Ponds Forge, Sheffield, 20th September
Darley Perez ready for Yuriorkis Gamboa this Saturday on HBO
Orange, CA (June 5, 2013) – Colombia’s Darley Perez (28-0, 19 KOs) arrived in Canada yesterday for his upcoming showdown against Cuba’s Yuriorkis Gamboa (22-0, 16 KOs) that will take place this Saturday, June 8. The battle for the interim WBA lightweight title will take place at the Belle Center in Montreal, Canada and will be televised on HBO Boxing After Dark at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
Upon arrival the Colombian boxer was delayed admittance for four hours by Canadian immigration due to Visa issues. Thanks to the effort of Canadian promoter Yvon Michel and his co-promoters, Perez was ultimately granted access into Montreal. The team was thankful to the Canadian authorities for their professionalism and for assisting Darley Perez and his trainer Orlando Pineda.
The 29 year old native of San Pedro de Uraba, Perez, will showcase his boxing skills against Gamboa who has been trained under the reknowned Cuban boxing system.
“I am ready for my fight this Saturday. Now that I have arrived in Canada, I can get acclimated to the weather and environment out here. I am waiting patiently for fight night and feel confident about my upcoming fight against Gamboa. I have trained well for this fight against different sparring partners from Cuba. I know it’s going to be my night,” said Perez.
Before departing for their flight to Canada trainer Orlando Pineda and Darley Perez posed for a photo.
Upon arrival in Canada Darley Perez and his trainer Orlando Pineda posed for a photo before exiting the plane.
The battle for lightweight supremacy between Perez and Gamboa will be televised on HBO’s Boxing After Dark on Saturday, June 8 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. The main event of the telecast will be Chad Dawson vs. Adonis Stevenson vying for the light heavyweight belt. Perez aims to steal the show.
HBO Boxing After Dark will televise both Perez-Gamboa and Dawson-Stevenson.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes