- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
Darley Perez ready for Yuriorkis Gamboa this Saturday on HBO
Orange, CA (June 5, 2013) – Colombia’s Darley Perez (28-0, 19 KOs) arrived in Canada yesterday for his upcoming showdown against Cuba’s Yuriorkis Gamboa (22-0, 16 KOs) that will take place this Saturday, June 8. The battle for the interim WBA lightweight title will take place at the Belle Center in Montreal, Canada and will be televised on HBO Boxing After Dark at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
Upon arrival the Colombian boxer was delayed admittance for four hours by Canadian immigration due to Visa issues. Thanks to the effort of Canadian promoter Yvon Michel and his co-promoters, Perez was ultimately granted access into Montreal. The team was thankful to the Canadian authorities for their professionalism and for assisting Darley Perez and his trainer Orlando Pineda.
The 29 year old native of San Pedro de Uraba, Perez, will showcase his boxing skills against Gamboa who has been trained under the reknowned Cuban boxing system.
“I am ready for my fight this Saturday. Now that I have arrived in Canada, I can get acclimated to the weather and environment out here. I am waiting patiently for fight night and feel confident about my upcoming fight against Gamboa. I have trained well for this fight against different sparring partners from Cuba. I know it’s going to be my night,” said Perez.
Before departing for their flight to Canada trainer Orlando Pineda and Darley Perez posed for a photo.
Upon arrival in Canada Darley Perez and his trainer Orlando Pineda posed for a photo before exiting the plane.
The battle for lightweight supremacy between Perez and Gamboa will be televised on HBO’s Boxing After Dark on Saturday, June 8 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. The main event of the telecast will be Chad Dawson vs. Adonis Stevenson vying for the light heavyweight belt. Perez aims to steal the show.
HBO Boxing After Dark will televise both Perez-Gamboa and Dawson-Stevenson.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity