- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
- USA Boxing’s Elite Women to Face Northern Neighbors in the Battle of the Frontiers on August 21
- Gingras-McCreedy, young stars headline Sept. 12
Like Father, Like Son – Ritchie Eames Set For Ring Action On Saturday
Ritchie Eames, the son of famed East London coach, manager and now promoter Johnny Eames is set for a taste of ring action this coming Saturday, when he competes in the LAST MAN STANDING White Collar Boxing tournament, the latest offering from Chrissy Morton and her Bad Boy Promotions crew.
To prepare for the tournament, Ritchie has been training alongside notable stars of the sport, such as British and Commonwealth Middleweight Champion Billy Joe Saunders, new Southern Area Light Middleweight Champion Freddie Turner, former British, European and World Champion Colin Lynes, British Light Welterweight Champion Darren Hamilton, Prizefighter Cruiserweight winner Wadi ‘Macho Man’ Camacho, Former English Light Middleweight Champion Erick ‘The Eagle’ Ochieng as well as many of the brightest young prospects that train at his father’s equally famous TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning Town.
The LAST MAN STANDING tournament is similar in concept to the pioneering Matchroom Sport promoted Prizefighter tournament, the main difference being instead of featuring a single division, LAST MAN STANDING has three, different weight category, mini tournaments, plus a four bout undercard.
Following a grueling training and sparring session at the TRAD TKO gym, Ritchie spoke briefly about the upcoming tournament.
“Yeah, I’m really looking forward to Saturday, it’s going to be a real challenge.
Like Prizefighter, you can’t predict a winner, yeah there may be favourites but to win it you’ve got to fight three times in a short amount of time.
I know a few of the guys fighting, but in my weight division I don’t know any of them, I don’t know anything about any of the potential opponents at my weight at all.
I’ve had two fights before on Chrissy’s shows, I won them both but that means nothing, for this I’m just going to see how it goes.
If I win my first fight, brilliant, but then I’ve got to be ready to go out and fight again, win that then I’m in with a chance of winning the cash prize.
Been having good training as usual so I’m as ready as I can be.
Really looking forward to it, it’ll be great, hopefully I’ll walk away with the £1000 prize money and have a big party afterwards.”
Chrissy Morton’s Bad Boy Promotions LAST MAN STANDING, featuring Ritchie ‘Styles’ Eames, takes place at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London on Saturday, 26th October 2013 – Doors open 5:30pm
Tickets, priced £30 (Standard Seated) and £40 (Ringside) are available on-line at www.tkoboxoffice.comor in person from the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning town – limited tickets will also be available at York Hall on the night.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin
- Danny Garcia – Viktor Postol fight ordered by WBC