- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Like Father Like Son: Steve Collins Jr. Set For Pro Boxing Debut On 5th July
When your father is a legendary two time, two division World Boxing Champion, there’s bound to be a lot of expectation that Steve Collins Jr. would follow in his father’s footsteps and embark on a professional Boxing career.
However, things don’t always go the way you would expect. From an early age Steve showed sporting prowess in a very different discipline – Rugby.
Young Steve started playing Rugby when he was seven years of age. During his Rugby Career the 23 year old from Dublin played at all club levels and is currently playing for one of the best known clubs around, the 2012/2013 All Ireland Champions, Lansdowne.
Well, eventually young Steve did decide to take up the noble art and is now due to debut on the Dave Murphy, in association with Acourtier Events, promoted ‘Independence Day’ extravaganza at York Hall in London on Friday 5th July.
Speaking on the phone for his Dublin home earlier, Steve said of his impending pro boxing debut.
“I feel good and must say I’m very excited about my boxing debut on the 5th July.
I’ve done all the hard work, my training and sparring has been top class, so I know I’m more than ready.
I know there’s a bit more pressure on me to perform really well, as everyone expects me to be a decent fighter because I’m my father’s son, you know. I don’t mind that at all, it gives me more to fight for.
I think it’s going to go well, I have a fight plan in my head and obviously think I’m going to win, but really what matters is that I fight well and give the fans something to cheer for, hopefully there’ll be a good Irish crowd at York Hall to cheer me on.
Yeah, I’m excited and can’t wait for the 5th July.”
Steve Collins Jr. versus Rolandas Cesna, features on the undercard of the Jennifer Rezke – Angel McKenzie World Championship clash, that headlines the Dave Murphy, in association with Acourtier Events, promoted ‘Independence Day’ event, which takes place at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London, on Friday 5th July 2013.
Tickets, priced £30 (Gallery), £35 (Ground floor standard seated) and £65 (Ringside) are available on-line at www.tkoboxoffice.com – www.mariannemarston.com – www.acourtier.com – or in person from the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning town – www.tkoboxinggym.com – and Ringtone Gym in Euston – www.ringtonehealthandfitness.com – or from any of the boxers taking part in the event, or call – 07960 850645, 07809 499896 or 07557 641597 for further information.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?