- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int'l Intrigue
- Back at home Chris Algieri's whirlwind continues
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS ANNOUNCES IRON BOY 16: EL PASO
- Fight Network Presents Galahad vs. Dos Santos LIVE Boxing this Sat. at 5 pm ET
- NY Golden Gloves Champion Earl Newman to make pro debut Oct 4
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
Foreman vs. King, Jo Jo Dan vs. Frias, More on April 4th in New York
New York, NY (3/21/13) – As previously announced, DiBella Entertainment’s Broadway Boxing series returns Thursday, April 4, at Roseland Ballroom in New York City. The stacked 11-bout card will feature a number of DBE’s top young prospects and contenders including former WBA junior middleweight champion Yuri Foreman (29-2, 8KO’s), Luis “Orlandito” Del Valle (16-1, 11KO’s), WBC #6-rated welterweight Ionut “Jo Jo” Dan Ion (30-2, 17KO’s) and Gabriel “Tito” Bracero (21-1, 4KO’s).
The card is promoted by DiBella Entertainment and sponsored by Manfredi Auto Group, Newlio.com and Everlast. Tickets are currently on sale and can be purchased through Ticketmaster by calling (800) 745-3000. Tickets are priced at $125, $85, $65 and $45.
After a two-year hiatus from the ring, the popular Brooklynite Foreman signed a promotional contract with DBE earlier this year and quickly returned to action, winning a six-round shutout decision over Brendan Baue on the DBE-promoted card on January 23, at BB King Blues Club. In the second bout of his comeback, Foreman will square off against Gundrick King (18-9, 11KO’s) in a six-round junior middleweight matchup.
Looking to put himself back into the win column after suffering his first pro defeat-on HBO in a decision loss to multiple world champion Vic Darchinyan-will be Puerto Rico’s Luis “Orlandito” Del Valle (16-1, 11KO’s). The 26-year-old Del Valle, who is now training with Hall-of-Fame trainer Nacho Beristain, will see action against Andre Wilson (13-5, 11KO’s) in an eight-round featherweight contest.
Fighting for the second time under the DBE banner will be the former two-time world title challenger Ion. Former NABA light welterweight champion Ion, a native of Romania, now living and training in Montreal, Canada, will square off against Damian Frias (19-6-1, 10KO’s) in an eight-round welterweight showdown.
Making his fourth straight appearance at Roseland Ballroom will be Brooklyn’s own junior welterweight contender Gabriel “Tito” Bracero (21-1, 4KO’s). After dropping a decision in an absolute war to former world champion DeMarcus “Chop Chop” Corley on January 21, 2012, Bracero has reeled off three consecutive victories as he looks to reposition himself in line for another significant fight in the junior welterweight division. Bracero will see action in an eight-round bout against Pavel Miranda (19-9-1, 10KO’s).
Additional bouts on the card, featuring top DBE prospects, as well as opponents for Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson’s SMS Promotions-stabled fighters Luis Olivares (1-0, 1KO) and Donte Strayhorn, will be announced shortly.
The card is promoted by DiBella Entertainment (DBE) and sponsored by Manfredi Auto Group, Newlio.com, and Everlast. The event will be broadcast live on FIGHT NOW TV and on broadband through GFL.TV. SNY will broadcast the event tape-delayed. Tickets are currently on sale and can be purchased through Ticketmaster by calling (800) 745-3000. Tickets are priced at $125, $85, $65 and $45 and may also be purchased at Roseland Ballroom’s box office tomorrow evening. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. ET with the first bout scheduled for 7 p.m. ET.
FIGHT NOW TV is available in the Cablevision Gold Pack!
About FIGHT NOW TV: With offices in New Jersey, Las Vegas, Austin and Toronto, FIGHT NOW TV is a cross-platform media company that creates and distributes content through its television, video on demand, and online outlets.
Founded by Channel Zero, Inc. and media entrepreneur Mike Garrow, FIGHT NOW TV is the only 24-hour-a-day, seven-days-a-week combat sports channel in the nation. The network’s mandate is to bring the best battles, fiercest fights and stunning knockouts to America. FIGHT NOW TV caters to fight fans of every genre, giving them a front row seat to compelling coverage of MMA, boxing, wrestling/grappling, Muay Thai, kickboxing and other combat sports. FIGHT NOW TV is the place for the best analysis, live and current events, documentaries and news coverage of the biggest PPV events and match-ups from around the globe.
FIGHT NOW TV has also enlisted one of the fight game’s biggest names to join its camp, 5-time UFC champion and MMA legend Randy Couture, who serves as both spokesperson and analyst for the channel.
For more information about FIGHT NOW TV go on line at www.fightnow.com, or follow on Twitter @fightnowtv and Facebook.com/fightnowtv.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things