- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Locked n’ loaded, Thompson Boxing Promotions returns on Friday, April 26
RANGE, CA (April 10, 2013) – Welterweights lead the spring time bash for Thompson Boxing Promotions as Aron “El Asesino” Martinez and Alberto “El Principe” Herrera headline a Locked N’ Loaded fight card at the Doubletree Hotel in Ontario on Friday, April 26.
It’s the second fight card of the year for Thompson Boxing and hard-hitting welterweights are on the menu.
East L.A.’s wrecking machine Martinez (18-2-1, 4 KOs) faces Riverside’s Herrera (8-8-1, 5 KOs) in a welterweight match scheduled for eight rounds as the main event.
Martinez, 31, is looking to rebound from a tough loss by decision to Jessie Vargas last September in Las Vegas. Before that, the rugged, nonstop puncher was on a 10-fight winning streak highlighted by a win over undefeated Joseph Elegele in July 2011.
Herrera, 31, is fighting Martinez for the second time. Their first clash took place in April 2011 and resulted in Martinez winning a very close split decision. The skillful Herrera looks to topple Martinez in the rematch.
Tickets for “Locked N’ Loaded” are priced at $75, $45, and $30. They are available now and may be purchased by calling 714-935-0900.
Female sensation Sindy “La Alacrana” Amador (9-0, 1 KO) returns to the ring and faces Adrienne Alegria (2-1-1) in a battle of junior flyweights.
Riverside’s Amador has her sights set on fighting for the world title soon. Still undefeated, Amador can’t afford to lose any ground in her pursuit of the junior flyweight world championship.
San Bernardino’s Alegria is looking to return to the winning side. Her last fight ended in a decision loss in Los Angeles this past August. The anticipated 6-round female junior flyweight prizefight promises action!
Undefeated junior welterweight Giovanni Santillan (6-0, 4 KOs) has a six-round collision set with Texas veteran Adam Ealoms (3-1-3). San Diego’s young southpaw flash Santillan was recently signed by Thompson Boxing but will be tested by Ealoms who always gives a tough fight. It could be Santillan’s toughest fight as a pro.
Several other bouts are planned including Danny Roman (4-1-1, 2 KOs) versus Francisco Camacho (1-1, 1 KO) in a junior featherweight contest; Aaron Acevedo (2-1-1, 2 KOs) fights Oscar Santana (3-1, 1 KO) in a junior lightweight match; and St. Louis bantamweight Stephon Young (3-0-1, 2 KOs) will also be appearing on the fight card.
“Locked N’ Loaded” is presented by Thompson Boxing Promotions and sponsored by Lucas Oil “It works”! The main event and preceding bout(s) will be aired on a later date by Time Warner Television.
Bouts subject to change. Doors open at 6:30 pm, and the first bell rings at 7:30 pm. The Doubletree Hotel is located at 222 North Vineyard Avenue in Ontario. The hotel phone number is 909-937-0900.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity