Luis “Chino” De La Rosa lands in Tapachula, Mexico
Miami, FL: World ranked contender Luis “Chino” De La Rosa (22-2-1-12 KO’s) of Arboletes, Colombia and his team arrived well in Tapachula, Mexico for his highly anticipated world title bid next Saturday, September 7 when, he challenges former WBO Miniflyweight Champion Moises “Moi” Fuentes (17-1-1-8 KO’s) of Mexico City, Mexico for the WBO interim Jr. Flyweight Title at the Palenque de la Feria in Tapachula, Mexico.
De La Rosa arrived with his trainer Alvaro Mercado and manager Alberto Agamez. He will have a public workout today at a local gym.
Current WBO Jr. Flyweight Champion Donnies Nietes will not be able to fight until late November due to a cut he suffered in last fight on March 2, 2013 in Cebu, Philippines where he was held to a draw against Fuentes. All parties involved WBO, All Star Boxing, Inc., Zanfer Promotions and ALA Promotions made the agreement at the last Convention in Budapest that Fuentes will fight De La Rosa this Saturday for the interim and Fuentes will make an optional defense November 29, 2013 possibly in Dubai with the winners facing each in 180 days.
Fernando Beltran, Zanfer Promotions in association with Tuto Zabala Jr. & All Star Boxing, Inc, is presenting the fight.
- Mike Tyson’s blue-chip welterweight prospect Erickson Lubin is future of boxing
- Will Agbeko Perform Better Than Donaire Against Rigondeaux?
- WBC News
- Livestream: Judah vs Malignaggi Presser & Weigh-In
- Connecticut Boxing Hall of Fame a knockout success
- Chris Mannix: “I’m Told Mayweather-Khan Is a Done Deal”
- Lewis Taylor targets Adam Etches
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights