- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
Luis Rosa, Boyd Melson On Broadway Boxing On Dec 4
On December 4, DiBella Entertainment will return to the historic BB King Blues Club & Grill in midtown Manhattan for another edition of its popular Broadway Boxing series.
Fighting in separate eight-round bouts on the card will be fast-rising undefeated junior featherweight Luis Rosa (14-0, 6KO’s) and New York’s fan-favorite junior middleweight Boyd Melson (12-1-1, 4KO’s). An opponent for Rosa will be announced shortly, while Melson is set to square off against Gundrick King (18-10, 11KO’s).
“2013 was one of our most successful and exciting years ever for Broadway Boxing and on December 4, we will be putting together another great night of fights with our traditional Seasons Beatings card,” said Lou DiBella. “From top to bottom, this event is going to feature a number of action-packed fights with some of our most promising young talent.”
The bout on the December 4 will be the fourth of 2013 for the Puerto Rican-native Rosa, now living and training in New Haven, CT. With an aggressive fan-friendly style, the 22-year-old prospect has begun his ascent up the world-ratings, moving into the #30 spot of the World Boxing Council (WBC) junior featherweight rankings. Rosa is truly one of the bright young stars on the DBE roster and will be looking to have a breakout year in 2014.
The fan-favorite Melson has gained national exposure and was even featured on HBO’s Real Sports for his involvement with Team Fight to Walk and the Just a Dollar Please organization. Melson has helped to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for Spinal Cord research through his effort, which includes donating his entire purse from each fight. The bout on December 4 will be Melson’s fourth at BB King since he’s turned professional and a large crowd, as always, will be on hand.
Tickets for the event are priced at $125, $100 and $75. The $55 general admission seats are already completely sold out. Tables are also available for purchase for this event, with VIP Tables going for $1,000 per table (5 seats at $200 per seat), Ringside Tables for $500 (5 seats at $100), and $375 tables (5 seats at $75). Tickets are available for purchase by calling the DiBella Entertainment office at (212) 947-2577.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall