- Date change and undercard announced – Golden Boy Live! at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Abraham: I’m ready to defend my title on Saturday night
- Crawford vs Beltran News Conf in Omaha
- Mathews And Dingsdale Collide On Echo Arena Card
- Coyle: Katsidis is only in exciting fights
- Arthur Abraham, Paul Smith Officials Announced
Luke Wilton faces Kevin Satchell on February 23rd in Liverpool
LUKE WILTON wants Kevin Satchell to think he’s in the lion’s den despite being the away fighter when they clash later this month. The Belfast slugger will be roared on by around 500 fans when he challenges for Satchell’s British flyweight title at Liverpool’s Echo Arena on Saturday 23rd February.
The battle of the little big men forms part of the undercard when David Price (15-0) boxes American double world title challenger Tony Thompson (36-3).
Scouser Satchell (9-0) will be a big favourite when he faces Wilton (13-2-1), who fancies to spring a huge upset.
Promoter Frank Maloney said: “The response from the Belfast fans has been remarkable and the first 300 tickets Luke took flew out of the window.
“I think Luke will have at least another 200 fans in the arena that will be looking to have a big weekend in Liverpool.
“Luke knows he cannot let his fans down and he will give Kevin all the trouble he can handle and more.”
Maloney has worked with 24-year-old Luke before but believes he has improved considerably.
The promoter recalled: “I can remember him losing a four rounder on one of my bills and wondered where he might go.
“But all credit to Luke who has shown through hard work and knuckling down you can get to the top.
“He has managed to win his last nine fights and deserves his chance against Satchell, who is one of the best young flyweights in the world.”
Another British title defence on the bill sees Darren Hamilton (12-2 makes the first defence of his light-welterweight title against another Liverpool fighter, Steve Williams (13-1).
Adil Anwar (18-1) who hopes to challenge the winner also boxes and Maloney hopes he will be involved in the fourth 12 rounder on the bill.
Others boxers on the bill include David Burke (26-2), Paul Edwards (9-2), Sean Dodd (4-0), Louis Cuddy (6-0), Neil Perkins (2-0), Steven Lewis (2-0), Andy Colquhoun (5-0) and Peter Gallagher (1-0).
Tickets can be purchased £230 (VIP including meal and inner ringside seat), £95 (Ringside), £70 and £40 at www.echoarena.com – www.frankmaloney.com or 0844 8000 400.
The show will be broadcast live by the home of boxing BoxNation (Sky 437/Virgin 546). Join now at www.boxnation.com. WealthTV will be broadcasting the card live in the United States.
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down