Malignaggi: Danny Garcia has enough power to give Matthysse problems
Showtime analyst Paulie Malignaggi thinks WBA/WBC light welterweight champion Danny Garcia has enough power and talent to give WBC interim light welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse problems if they face each other in September.
Earlier tonight, Matthysse obliterated Lamont Peterson in a 3rd round TKO at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey in a three knockdown performance by Matthysse.
Malignaggi said “Lamont Peterson came out actually trying to box. I thought he had a pretty successful 1st round, but once Matthysse stepped up the pace, stepped up the pressure, started roughing him up in clinches, it became much more difficult for Peterson to deal with. This guy Matthysse has not just power; it’s scary power.
It might be difficult for Garcia to make Matthysse gun shy because he only has a left hook to give him problems. Matthysse throws with more power with either hand and he’s got a better chin. We’ve already saw Garcia get hurt by Zab Judah in his last fight, and that was with Judah not fighting hard until later in the fight.
- Mike Tyson’s blue-chip welterweight prospect Erickson Lubin is future of boxing
- Will Agbeko Perform Better Than Donaire Against Rigondeaux?
- WBC News
- Livestream: Judah vs Malignaggi Presser & Weigh-In
- Connecticut Boxing Hall of Fame a knockout success
- Chris Mannix: “I’m Told Mayweather-Khan Is a Done Deal”
- Lewis Taylor targets Adam Etches
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights