- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Manager Adrian Clark making waves at just 27
Dallas, TX (OCTOBER 14, 2013)– Adrian Clark is one of the youngest boxing managers/advisors in the sport today (27). He began his career with Jerry “The Corpus Christi Kid” at 24 years old. “I knew nothing about the industry. I didn’t know anyone, I had no connections, a part of me wondered what the hell Jerry was thinking asking me to be his manager. We made it work though”. Clark who is a graduate of Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication (Public Relations/Media) and a minor in Business. In his 4 years at A&M-Corpus Christi he competed in the amateur ranks competing in 3 regional Golden Gloves tournaments. “I knew I was not going to be a pro boxer, I fought because I love the sport and I thought it would be my way into the business and it turns out it helped more than the punches hurt.”
Almost in his 4th year of managerial duties, Clark represents Jerry Belmontes 18-2(5KO’s), Ramsey Luna 11-0(4KO’s) and advises Eric Hunter 17-3(9KO’s). Hunter and Belmontes dueled in a 10 round bout in Philadelphia last December with Eric Hunter walking away with a big win. He has most recently blemished not only his record but his reputation with his recent DQ against Mike Oliver; his second DQ in a title fight. Belmontes came back from his first defeat (to Hunter) to dismantle Daniel Diaz (20-5) in his hometown of Corpus Christi. In April, Jerry faced hard punching Andrew Cancio and was upset by Cancio in 10. Ramsey Luna, Clark’s recent signee is coming off of a TKO win versus Anthony Navarro (1-5) and is looking to step up in competition, let alone a shot at a promotional contract.
“I’m fortunate to have the opportunity to work with this group of talented guys. My focal point with these guys is to get them to understand what it is to be a professional athlete. Emphasis on professional. I want my guys to be fan and media friendly. We all have work to do but each of these gentlemen have the ability and talent to be world champions. My job is to boost their image, make sure they’re articulate, properly media trained and setting a good example for the younger guys coming behind them. Eventually their boxing careers will end, they’ll be remembered for what they did in the ring and what type of individual they were… I want my guys to be remembered as upstanding, respectable guys”.
Eric Hunter is slated to fight Nov 15 in Philadelphia, opponent TBD. Jerry Belmontes is looking to return in December, Clark and Golden Boy are in talks currently and Ramsey Luna is looking to fight in November.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Bernard Hopkins & Beibut Shumenov Washington D.C. Presser Quotes
- DANNY “SWIFT” GARCIA MAKES HIS GRAND ARRIVAL IN PUERTO RICO
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight