- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Manny Muhammad Swaps Basketball For Boxing Gloves – Faces Tzvetozar Iliev on Nov 30th
Former professional Basketball player Manny Muhammad is set to switch allegiances to pro boxing later this month, when he faces Tzvetozar Iliev on the Dave Murphy Acourtier Events WARZONE extravaganza at York Hall in London on Saturday 30th November 2013.
Manny, who played college Basketball for Albany State University in Georgia, USA, before joining the pro ranks with San Benedetto del Tronto in Italy, has always been a pugilist at heart, having boxed as an amateur before receiving a Basketball scholarship with Albany State.
Following a training session, under the watchful eyes of TRAD TKO’s Barry Smith, Manny spoke of his long awaited return to the ring.
“I’m really looking forward to fighting on November 30th, I’m a hundred percent ready right now.
It’s been a while since I competitively boxed, my Boxing career took a bit of a back seat, because I was offered $160,000 dollars a year to play college Basketball, I had to take that.
Knee injuries sort of cut my Basketball career short, so it was back to Boxing and here I am.
I’ve been training hard here at the TRAD TKO, Barry’s (coach Barry Smith) really been putting me through the paces.
I think we’ve got the best fighters in the country come to train at this gym, there’s always quality sparring, so I’m looking forward to having a solid training camp and being fit and ready, injury free, because I’ve had some injury problems in the past obviously, I’m looking to be injury free this time and really get the job done this time.
To be honest with you I have no long term goals, I want to keep training hard consistently, I’ve been told by the greatest trainers I have the ability to reach the top.
I’ve also been told I punch weight classes above my weight, I guess that’s why they feel comfortable throwing me in with heavier guys, I mean I sparred Tom Little, who’s at least fifty pounds heavier than me.
I just feel that if I’m ready I can fight anybody, so on the 30th you can expect a good solid performance, I’m not going to predict a knockout as I’d actually love to go the distance, just to my ring fitness back up and shake off any ring rust, but a convincing win for the 30th November would be great.”
Manny Muhammad versus Tzvetozar Iliev takes place on Dave Murphy Acourtier Events promoted WARZONE, at York Hall in Bethnal Green, London on Saturday 30th November 2013.
Tickets, priced £35 (Standard Seated) and £60 (Ringside) are available on-line at www.acourtier.com and www.tkoboxoffice.com For further information call – 07960 850645, 07809 499896 or 07557 641597
Go online to www.Acourtier.com for additional information on the WARZONE event or the Acourtier stable of boxers. Follow Acourtier Events on Twitter @AcourtierEvents – friend us at www.Facebook.com/AcourtierEvents
- and on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/acourtier-events
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity