- Arum says Cotto’s next fight likely won’t be HBO PPV
- Arum working on Chavez Jr-Froch fight for 1/24
- Cotto’s adviser to consider Golovkin fight among others
- Gennady Golovkin: The Boxing Monster
- Fenech: "Lucas Browne can be a world champ in six months"
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a "no contest"
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
- Coyle and Ryder heading to Dublin
- Sammy Vasquez Jr. Training Camp Quotes
- Raging Babe online store to launch Friday
- Galahad vs. Cave, Ponds Forge, Sheffield, 20th September
Manny Pacquiao: “I’m not a has been, I can still win fights!”
It has been a while since Manny Pacquiao said anything of substance, or really anything at all. For some time now, Floyd Mayweather Jr. has been doing all the talking when it comes to Manny Pacquiao, recently stating:
“Pacquiao’s a has-been, his career is over; (but Juan) Manuel Marquez is a legend (and I commend him).”
Finally, Manny Pacquiao had something to say in response to Floyd’s rant, in defense of his boxing career and abilities in the ring:
Whether Pacquiao is or isn’t a shot fighter we have yet to discover. I think that the last Marquez fight should not be used to make any conclusive decisions, and his role as well as presence in boxing is still very avid. With a victory over Brandon Rios, Pacquiao’s stock would once again rise, even skyrocket, placing him back to top of the ladder, at least as far as popularity goes.
Is the Pacquiao vs. Mayweather Jr. fight still as lucrative and sought after as it was a few years back? Like it or not, believe it or not, the answer is yes. So many boxing fans claim that they have lost all their interest for that fight, and no longer want to hear or read anything on that topic, but come any news that spark the potential of it actually moving forward, and people are right back on the hype train.
If Pacquiao keeps winning, Mayweather Jr. will make that fight happen after his contract with Showtime is concluded.
More @ http://cgboxing.blogspot.com/
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello live Final Press Conference Today at 1:00pm ET/10am PT
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes
- Visa Cleared For Chaves – Rios Fight Is On