- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Manuel Charr vs Yakup Saglam on February 22nd in Romania
Former world heavyweight title challenger Manuel Charr returns to action on February 22nd in Galati (Romania). The „Diamond Boy“ will defend his WBC Silver International Championship against 35-year old Turk Yakup Saglam. Saglam was scheduled to fight former world champion Ruslan Chagaev on December 1st in Dusseldorf but Chagaev didn’t show up for the weigh-in.
“Chagaev was scared, that’s why he didn’t come to fight me!”, said Saglam. Felix Sturm who promoted the show in Dusseldorf tried to convince former cruiserweight champion Firat Arslan to jump in as last-minute replacement. But Arslan didn’t want to fight Saglam either so the bout was cancelled.
“That two former world champions refused to fight Yakup Saglam tells you a lot about him and his power“, states Charr. “Chagaev just didn’t show up without any reason. I am not like that. I don’t duck anybody. So here I am giving Saglam the fight he has been waiting for for a long time.“
Saglam won 28 of his 29 professional fights with 25 wins coming by way of knockout. His sole loss was a controversial decision awarded to unbeaten German champion Michael Wallisch in April 2011. “I thank Manuel Charr for giving me the opportunity to fight him“, says Saglam. “I hope that he doesn’t decide to chicken out like Chagaev. I am a warrior, I’ll fight anybody. I promise that I will be in top shape on February 22nd and make Charr regret that he offered me this fight.“
The show in Galati will be promoted by EC Boxing and broadcasted live on Eurosport. Charr who promotes himself is paying all costs for his own fight. “I want to remain active and defend my titles to earn another title shot“, says the “Diamond Boy“. “My only goal is to get my hands on Vitali Klitschko again. I just hope that he doesn’t retire before I get a second chance to take the title from him.“
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity