- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Maidana stops Lopez; Lara defeats Angulo
Welterweight Marcos Maidana (34-3, 31 KO’s) was simply too strong for Josesito Lopez (30-6, 18 KO’s) tonight in stopping him in the 6th round in a back and forth fight at the Home Depot Center, in Carson, California, USA. Maidana unloaded on a hurt Lopez in the 6th with a blizzard of punches until referee Lou Moret called a halt to the fight at 1:18 of the round.
Maidana was hurt in the 4th round, but came back to knock Lopez down in the 6th round with a scorching right hand to the head. Lopez climbed off the canvas and continued to fight, but he was way too hurt to fend off Maidana’s powerful shots being thrown with both hands. Lopez backed up to the ropes and took some really mean looking shots. At that point the referee stopped the fight because Lopez wasn’t throwing anything back at Maidana.
The first three rounds were clear rounds for Maidana, as he landed the harder shots in each of them. The first round was kind of close, but the better punches were landed by Maidana by far. He hit Lopez with some big, big shots when he was backed up near the ropes. That for me was more than enough to give Maidana the round.
Erislandy Lara (18-1-2, 12 KO’s) really got lucky tonight in stopping Alfredo Angulo (22-3, 18 KO’s) in the 10 round in fight that Angulo was in control of and on his way to a victory. Lara either thumbed Angulo in the eye or injured his eye in some other way causing him to turn his back on Lara. The fight was then halted. Right now, it’s still unclear whether Lara thumbed Angulo or if his was simply too hurt from the swelling around it. His eye had been swelling for rounds from the punishment he had taken.
Angulo knocked Lara down in the 4th and 9th rounds and he seemed like the stronger fighter going into the 10th. However, the eye injury changed everything and caused the fight to be stopped.
Other boxing results on the undercard:
Jermell Charlo UD 12 Demetrius Hopkins
Johan Perez UD10 Yoshihiro Kamegai
Gerald Washington UD8 Sherman Williams
Ronny Rios TKO 6 Leonilo Miranda
Manuel Avila UD 8 Jamal Parram
Jamie Kavanagh TKO 4 Adolfo Landeros
Joseph Diaz TKO 3 Rigoberto Casillas
Edgar Valerio SD 4 David Reyes
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In