- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
Antonio Margarito Presents Fight Card This Friday
Three time welterweight champion and now burgeoning boxing promoter Antonio Margarito presents his second fight card of his career this Friday night at the legendary Municipal Auditorium of his hometown of Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico. Margarito first captured the WBO welterweight title in 2002 by stopping Antonio Diaz in ten. He went on to defend that title seven times. He then captured the IBF version by stopping Kermit Cintron in the sixth round and the WBA strap with the biggest win of his career, an eleven round demolition of then undefeated Miguel Cotto.
Now Margarito looks to bring that excitement and winning ways outside the ring with his company Tornado Promotions. On Friday night, Margarito will feature a classic match-up of brawler vs. boxer in a welterweight ten round clash which will be broadcast live by the local Tijuana affiliate of the Mexican national network Canal Azteca. Mexicali tough guy Armando “Chato” Robles (23-3-2, 12KOs) will take on local favorite Alvaro Aguilar (23-2-1, 17KOs) in a crossroads bout.
Robles carries an impressive ledger as he has taken on and beaten a number of known prospects since going pro in ’01. The heavily-tattooed Mexicali fighter own wins against the likes a then undefeated Jorge “Pantera” Silva and Javier Arostegui, KO artist Daniel “Galeno” Sandoval and world ranked Humberto “Betillo” Gutierrez among others. Known for non-stop come forward style, Robles will have his hands full with Aguilar who is known for his superb boxing skills.
Aguilar laced up the gloves as a professional one year before Robles and after sixteen pro fights, suffered his first blemish against the much more experienced and difficult Emmanuel Augustus. Seven months later Aguilar faced the then highly-touted Julio Cesar Garcia for the vacant WBA continental Americas light welterweight title but fell via a split decision in a fight many of ringside saw Aguilar win. After a couple of setbacks, Aguilar is back full-force this year and has strung together three wins in a row en route to this important test in which the winner goes on to bigger and better things and the loser might have to reconsider his days left as a professional fighter.
In the special attraction semi-main event, two-time national amateur champion Jorge “Tremendo” DeAlba (10-0-1, 8KOs) faces hard charging Rosalio “Aspid” Rios (7-1, 6KOs), both of Tijuana, in a much anticipated six rounder.
Also featured on the card will be undefeated new comers lightweight Daniel “Huracan” Ramirez (9-0, 4KOs), light flyweight Victor “Chaky” Sandoval (2-0, 1KO) and fellow junior flyweight Abraham “Choko” Rodriguez (3-0, 2KOs) among others.
The Municipal Auditorium is located a five minute cab ride from the San Diego/Tijuana border. Tickets start at $12.00 and are available at the Auditorium ticket office or TicketMovil. The fight card is presented in association with Maya Batel Gym.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say