- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
Antonio Margarito Presents Fight Card This Friday
Three time welterweight champion and now burgeoning boxing promoter Antonio Margarito presents his second fight card of his career this Friday night at the legendary Municipal Auditorium of his hometown of Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico. Margarito first captured the WBO welterweight title in 2002 by stopping Antonio Diaz in ten. He went on to defend that title seven times. He then captured the IBF version by stopping Kermit Cintron in the sixth round and the WBA strap with the biggest win of his career, an eleven round demolition of then undefeated Miguel Cotto.
Now Margarito looks to bring that excitement and winning ways outside the ring with his company Tornado Promotions. On Friday night, Margarito will feature a classic match-up of brawler vs. boxer in a welterweight ten round clash which will be broadcast live by the local Tijuana affiliate of the Mexican national network Canal Azteca. Mexicali tough guy Armando “Chato” Robles (23-3-2, 12KOs) will take on local favorite Alvaro Aguilar (23-2-1, 17KOs) in a crossroads bout.
Robles carries an impressive ledger as he has taken on and beaten a number of known prospects since going pro in ’01. The heavily-tattooed Mexicali fighter own wins against the likes a then undefeated Jorge “Pantera” Silva and Javier Arostegui, KO artist Daniel “Galeno” Sandoval and world ranked Humberto “Betillo” Gutierrez among others. Known for non-stop come forward style, Robles will have his hands full with Aguilar who is known for his superb boxing skills.
Aguilar laced up the gloves as a professional one year before Robles and after sixteen pro fights, suffered his first blemish against the much more experienced and difficult Emmanuel Augustus. Seven months later Aguilar faced the then highly-touted Julio Cesar Garcia for the vacant WBA continental Americas light welterweight title but fell via a split decision in a fight many of ringside saw Aguilar win. After a couple of setbacks, Aguilar is back full-force this year and has strung together three wins in a row en route to this important test in which the winner goes on to bigger and better things and the loser might have to reconsider his days left as a professional fighter.
In the special attraction semi-main event, two-time national amateur champion Jorge “Tremendo” DeAlba (10-0-1, 8KOs) faces hard charging Rosalio “Aspid” Rios (7-1, 6KOs), both of Tijuana, in a much anticipated six rounder.
Also featured on the card will be undefeated new comers lightweight Daniel “Huracan” Ramirez (9-0, 4KOs), light flyweight Victor “Chaky” Sandoval (2-0, 1KO) and fellow junior flyweight Abraham “Choko” Rodriguez (3-0, 2KOs) among others.
The Municipal Auditorium is located a five minute cab ride from the San Diego/Tijuana border. Tickets start at $12.00 and are available at the Auditorium ticket office or TicketMovil. The fight card is presented in association with Maya Batel Gym.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…