- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
- TICKET ALERT!! IMP Presents The Pride of Pittsburgh II, Friday November 14th
- TRAVIS SCOTT HEADLINES WFC 30, PROFESSIONAL BOXING IN BATON ROUGE
- JOSEPH “JO JO” DIAZ VS. RAUL “BULE” HIDALGO TO REPLACE ANTONIO TARVER VS. JOHNATHON BANKS AS MAIN EVENT IN MONDAY, SEPT. 29 GOLDEN BOY LIVE! EVENT DUE TO TARVER INJURY
- USA Boxing’s Experienced Women’s Squad Prepare to Travel South of the Border for the 2014 Elite Women’s Continental Championships
Martin Gethin Set For Maiden Defence
Walsall’s Martin Gethin makes a first defence of his British Lightweight title next month.
The 29 year-old takes on Anthony Crolla on the undercard of Carl Froch’s WBA and IBF Super Middleweight title showdown with George Groves at an already sold-out Phones 4u Arena Manchester on Saturday, 23rd November.
‘Quiet Man’ Gethin lifted the Lord Lonsdale strap back in January as he swept aside Ben Murphy before challenging Panamanian, Ammeth Diaz, for a shot at the IBF Lightweight Title. He was defeated in that thrilling IBF Final Eliminator but is now ready to stamp his authority on the domestic scene with a maiden defence of his British belt.
“I can’t wait for this one,” Gethin told www.uko-boxing.com. “It seems a long time ago since I won the British title and I’m more than ready to defend it.
“I learnt a lot from the Diaz fight. Domestically, the lightweight division is full of very good fighters and Anthony is one of them. However, I’m the British Champion and I’m going to show people why against Crolla.”
“It’s always a great honour to box for the British title,” added Crolla. “Martin’s a cracking boxer and I am sure it’ll be a very good fight, but I am aiming to win and win well and move onto the World stage in 2014.”
The Matchroom promoted show also sees Scott Quigg defend his WBA Super Bantamweight title and Rocky Fielding defend his Commonwealth Super Middleweight title against undefeated Guyanese mandatory challenger Lennox Allen.
The sell-out show will be screened live on Sky Box Office. For more information visit www.matchroomboxing.com.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things