- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
Martin Gethin Visits Venue In Build-Up To Town Hall Showdown
Walsall boxer, Martin Gethin, prepared for his forthcoming IBF Final Eliminator at Walsall Town Hall by meeting the Mayor of Walsall and uncovering the history behind the building where the crucial bout will take place.
The British Lightweight Champion faces Ammeth Diaz in final showdown on Friday, 31st May with the winner earning the right to face current IBF Lightweight Champion, Miguel Vazquez.
During a break from his training routine 29 year-old Gethin called into the town hall to meet the Mayor of Walsall, Councillor Dennis Anson.
They chatted about the fight and were filmed for BoxNation, who are showing the fight live and exclusive on their channel (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546). Join at www.boxnation.com.
“I really enjoyed meeting Martin and finding out more about him and how important this fight is for him both personally as a Walsall lad and professionally,” said the Mayor, Cllr. Dennis Anson. “The fact we have a Walsall boxer headlining an event at Walsall Town Hall makes it extra special and I would like to wish Martin the best of luck.”
On Saturday, Gethin took part in an open training session at the Saddlers Shopping Centre and is enjoying the whole build up towards fighting in his home town.
“It was a privilege to meet the Mayor and I’m really proud and honoured to have his support,” he added. “I love boxing at Walsall Town Hall. It’s where I was crowned British Champion and it’s a special venue. The atmosphere is electric.”
Tickets for the town hall fight cost £40 or £75 for ringside seats. The bill also features Walsall’s Chris Keane, Stafford’s Grant Cunningham, Wolverhampton’s Dezzie Bowater and West Bromwich’s Tom Stokes.
Tickets, priced at £40 and £75 Ringside, are available from Walsall Town Hall Box Office on 0845 111 2900. Doors will open at 6pm and boxing will commence at 6.30pm.
Gethin versus Diaz is being promoted by Frank Warren in association with NEWOB Promotions.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent