- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Martirosyan shines in win over Davis; Zewski beats Frias
Junior middleweight Vanes Martirosyan (33-0-1, 21 KO’s) made quick work of 2nd tier opponent Ryan Davis (24-11-3, 9 KO’s) tonight in scoring a 2nd round TKO win at the America Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. Martirosyan dropped Davis twice in the 2nd round to get the stoppage.
Davis’ corner decided he’d had enough after the second knockdown of the round so they had the fight stopped. Both knockdowns by Martirosyan came from big right hands to the head.
Martirosyan looks good when he’s slugging like this. He’s a very good puncher and it’s difficult to picture a lot of other contenders being able to stand up to Martirosyan when he’s throwing punches with mean intentions like he was tonight.
Welterweight Mikael Zewski (20-0, 15 KO’s) put in a so-so performance in defeating Damian Frias (19-8-1, 10 KO’s) by a hard fought 8 round unanimous decision by the scores 77-74, 77-74, 77-74. Zewski knocked Frias down in the 1st round from a body shot.
It looked at the time like the fight wasn’t going to go the distance. However, Zewski was unable to stop Frias despite hitting him with everything he had in the first round rounds of the fight. Frias started fighting back hard in the 5th, as Zewski was looking gassed out and in shock that Frias was still standing.
Zewski’s previous opponents had all been largely weak, and he had built up his resume with a lot of quick knockouts. When Frias was unwilling to become another statistic, Zewski looked tired and uncertain. Luckily for him, Frias didn’t have much in the way of power or offensive skills, so Zewski was able to maintain his lead for the remainder of the fight to get a decision.
It wasn’t pretty though, and the win told you a lot about Zewski’s limitations as a fighter. He can punch a little but he’s badly flawed and will no doubt be in trouble when he eventually steps it up against better opposition.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In