- Lara: After Canelo, I want Mayweather
- Iron Mike Productions: "Judgement Day" - Live Tonight on FoxSports1 (8ET/5PT)
- Mikey Garcia: Lara could out-box Canelo
- Let's give Jesús the Space He's Earned
- "I Don’t Owe Alvarez Anything Other Than Left Hands!” Blasts Lara
- Weights From Miami, Florida: Argenis Mendez, 129.8 vs. Rances Bathelemy 130
- All Access: Canelo vs. Lara – Episode 2 – Full Episode
- Boxeo TELEMUNDO Ford Summer Series Starts July 18
- Tony Luis to Face Wanzell Ellison on “ShoBox: The New Generation” 200th Episode on Friday, July 25
- Chris Martin vs. Efrain Esquivias Collide, Friday, July 25
- Undefeated prospects Rodriguez and Whitaker top fight card at Wolff Stadium in San Antonio, TX, on August 30th
- Bellew: When I fight Cleverly, I’ll retire him
Mayweather: 44 have tried and 44 have failed
The MGM Grand boasts in excess of 6500 guestrooms. Its sprawling casino is an endless maze of over 2500 illuminated gaming machines. No less than 19 restaurants cater for the discerning appetites of its multi-national clientele. Considering such extravagant interiors it is by no coincidence that this past week the largest advertisement conceivable was draped over its glazed exterior bearing the proud caption: The Home of the Champion.
The pound for pound king put his own spin on the famous acronym when he coined the phrase ‘Mayweather Gets Money’, referring to his guaranteed 32 million dollar jackpot. The Grand Garden Arena has become the workplace of choice for the unbeaten champion with his last 7 contests all selling out the 16,800 capacity venue.
Robert Guerrero turned up on Mayday armed with a compelling life story, a credible 31-1 professional record and a t-shirt bearing the words God is Great. As for Mayweather, well he just turned up. Lil Wayne’s rap summed up the night as Floyd had ‘No Worries’.
‘The Ghost’ made an encouraging start as he used pressure and clever countering to keep the bout close for 6 minutes. From round 3 onwards The Money Team leader imposed his superior skills, utilised his defensive wizardry and repeatedly landed clean right hands on the Gilroy native. The build up to the fight was broadcast under Showtime’s successful All Access banner. On Cinco de Mayo weekend Floyd offered no access to his opponent.
The atmosphere was dynamic, the crowd resembling a graphic equaliser as it responded in awe to the impeccable footwork and cannon-like right hands thudding off Robert’s cranium. The performance was not that of a declining fighter. In fact Mayweather, despite a year’s layoff, was at his flawless best. Despite his valiant efforts the challenger became the 44th to fail as Floyd had predicted he would. The coveted ‘0’ remains an intangible constant on the resume of the Grand Rapids native.
The record breaking 6 fights over 30 months contract between the 36 year old former Olympian and Showtime has sent boxing tweeters into overdrive as they debate who will be next. There is a big push for Canelo Alvarez, however Devon Alexander and Amir Khan are also featuring heavy amongst the knot of internet forum speculation.
September 14th is pencilled in for another mega event at the MGM. The success of Mayweather Promotions latest outing will be a hard act to follow after the calendar packed fight week they provided for all who made the trip to Las Vegas last weekend.
Whoever opponent number 45 may be, Floyd will be first to warn them that 44 have tried and 44 have failed.
- Cameron Hammond outpoints Argentina’s Alfredo Rodolfo Blanco
- Ruslan Chagaev wins “Regular” WBA heavyweight title with majority decision win over Fres Oquendo
- Farenas stops Davis in 8th Dib & Martin win decisions
- Williams, Vincent remain unbeaten through tough battles on undercard of ESPN showcase
- Tori Nelson retains title in Baltimore!
- Younan And Cruz Stay Unbeaten At Foxwoods
- De Alba wins 11th in a row with 5th round stoppage over Batres
- Alvarez vs. Lara – A fight for Alvarez to lose
- Canelo-Lara Fight Week Coverage – Presser
- Mayweather vs. Maidana II Set For Sept. 13 Live on SHO PPV
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Erislandy Lara: Winner enters elite ranks
- Bradley Up For A Miguel Cotto Fight
- Alvarez vs Lara Final Press Conference Quotes
- Let’s give Jesús the Space He’s Earned