- Video - Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Alex Ariza Explains The Maidana Video
- Mayweather heads for 2014 bout with Pacquiao: belt or no belt?
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Discusses Future Opponents
- Broner/Maidana Fight: Formal Investigation Into Cheating Allegations
- Mendez not leaving Barthelemy Jan. 3 World title fight in judges’ hands
- Usmanee vs Rodriguez on Friday Night Fights, January 10 at Emerald Queen Casino
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Talks About Mayweather Promotions
- Lewis Rees looks to close the year with a sparkling performance
- Selby vs Munroe on Feb 1
- Tyler Asselstine Back In Action
- Would Floyd have beaten Maidana if he had moved up in weight so quickly?
- Martin Murray vs Miguel Cotto
- I Think Adrien Broner Will Be A FUTURE Legend
- Will A Japanese Boxer Ever Be WBC Heavyweight Champion?
- Brandon Rios call out Provodnikov, who wins?
- Viktor Postol..
- The Courage of Tommy Burns
- At the age of 24 who was more impressive against Maidana- Khan or Broner?
Mayweather, Canelo quotes from Sunday in Mexico City; Photo Galleries from Atlata, Chicago and Miami
(Photo credit: Tom Casino/Showtime) MEXICO CITY (June 30, 2013) – “THE ONE: Mayweather vs. Canelo” press tour continued on a beautiful summer Sunday in Mexico’s capital city where local police estimated that 32,000 excitable fans turned out at Monumento de los Niños Heroes to greet pound-for-pound boxing king Floyd Mayweather and national hero Canelo Alvarez.
Mexican television network Televisa covered the proceedings, which, like the previous six stops on this unprecedented press tour, was part press conference and part fan rally.
A complete replay of Televisa’s presentation is available for viewing. Quotes from Mayweather and Canelo on Sunday in Mexico City:
Floyd “Money” Mayweather, Eight-Time and Five Division World Champion
“It’s great to be in Mexico. The turnout here and all throughout this tour has been amazing. Canelo has a lot of fans here in Mexico. We expected that, but I don’t fight for one country. I fight for the whole world.
“I have faced a lot of great champions in my career and I can honestly say that my toughest opponents have been Mexican.
“One thing I know is that Mexicans know boxing.
“I got into this sport to be the best and I’m pretty sure Canelo got into the sport to be the best, but the difference is that I was born to win and I will die to win.
I don’t know how this fight is going to play out. That’s what makes this match-up so interesting. We’ll all find out on September 14.
“I’m the pound-for-pound best. I’m ‘The One,’ and on September 14, you’ll see.
“I commend Canelo. He’s a young, strong champion. I congratulate his team, but when you face Floyd Mayweather you face the best.
“Right now I just can’t be beat. Maybe in 20 years he’ll be the king, but not right now. September 14 is just another day for me.”
Canelo Alvarez, Super Welterweight World Champion
“I want to thank everyone for coming out here…all of you. I’ve always said that we had to come to Mexico (on this tour). There’s no other place like Mexico. I’m so happy.
“There are a lot of people who don’t think I’m going to win, but on September 14, you’ll see that I will win.
“I’ve always wanted to be the best in the sport and I’m on my way. I couldn’t let this opportunity go by and I will take advantage of it on September 14.
“I’m always training. I never stop. To win we have to prepare well and not ignore the little things.
“I feel the size of this event. I feel the emotion, but I am calm and on September 14, I’ll be okay.
“I began fighting when I was 15 years old and at that time I wasn’t ready to fight him. Now I’m ready. I always go in with a winning mentality. I’ll prepare to win.”
Mayweather – Alvarez Photo Galleries from Atlata, Chicago and Miami
- Floyd Mayweather’s Trainer: Adrien Broner SUCKS … Don’t EVER Compare Him to Floyd!
- WBC News On Klitschko, Stiverne, Arreola
- Opponent Change For Frankie Gavin
- Vitali Klitschko may have vacated the WBC crown, but it could soon be back in the Klitschko family…
- Video – Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Left-Hook Lounge Radio Goes Live at 9ET/6PT
- Odom and Barnwell Score Wins
- Maidana Shocked the Boxing World with an Upset Victory over Broner
- Broner gets beat up and knocked down by Maidana
- Marcos Maidana solves The Problem
- Maidana punishes Broner – a hype job exposed, or can Broner bounce back?
- Kubrat Pulev stops late sub Joey Abell to defend his IBF intercontinental title
- WBA Interim Welterweight title holder Keith Thurman stops Jesus Soto Karass in nine