- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
Mayweather v Canelo: Boxing Fan Predictions
On September 14th Floyd Mayweather and Saul Alvarez will bring an unprecedented fight tally of 86-0 to the ring. With Floyd an eight-time world champion and Canelo the current unified light middleweight belt holder, it promises to be an epic encounter between two undefeated champions.
We asked our followers if Mayweather v Canelo would be a closely contested bout and for their predictions on how the most eagerly anticipated fight of 2013 might play out.
Presented below is a collection of responses we received from professional fighters, boxing journalists and fans of the sweet science.
Money will do what (he wants), when he wants and might even hurt Canelo if his hands stick up ok. The bookmakers don’t often get it wrong!
It will be slow with spurts of action, then a knockout punch by Canelo in the 9th.
Gonna be an upset. Trust me!
Massive gulf in class bar a big punch from Canelo.
Definitely going to points. Mayweather won’t lose on points in Vegas.
I think it will be a close fight. Floyd is an exceptional fighter. Great talent. But Alvarez is as strong as an ox. Going to be explosive!
Competitive bout. Most people don’t want to see the skills Canelo truly does have. He’s been getting better and better.
There is only one outcome. Floyd by unanimous points decision.
Floyd by boxing clinic. Too fast. Too skilled. Too damn good.
If Canelo tries to box, Floyd will school him. He needs 12 rounds of constant Roberto Duran pressure.
Canelo isn’t that guy. Likes his own pace a bit too much in my opinion. Solid 12 round win for Floyd.
Only father time can beat Mayweather and he might just show up on the 14th.
However he needs to, Mayweather always finds a way.
It’s a very competitive fight but it’s a year too soon for Alvarez.
Mayweather is like a voodoo man, his mindset is too deep.
On All Access Floyd’s looking older and slower, but it will need a high work rate to beat him.
The boxing public is clearly split over the outcome of ‘TheOne’. With just over a week until fight night it won’t be long until we have the answer to the biggest fight of 2013.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada