- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
- “Bad” Chad Dawson returns to Foxwoods resort casino on October 4th
- GOLOVKIN 165, RUBIO 174.5 AT 30-DAY WBC WEIGH IN
Mayweather WILL fight Canelo on September 14th!
The WARM but not hot PPV buys for the Mayweather/Guerrero fight were all but expected by Showtime brass, but in lieu of the $250M Mayweather contract, Mayweather’s next 5 outings WILL bear the expectation of superior PPV buys; in fact Showtime has ‘delusions of grandeur’ that one or 2 of Mayweather fights under their banner will come close to or SURPASS the record set by the Mayweather/De La Hoya fight of 2007.
In order for a record setting event to happen, Mayweather who has more naysayers and critics then supporters, must appear to those detractors to be afraid to fight the expected opponent (Canelo Alvarez), the perception that Mayweather can be ‘beaten badly’ by that opponent must also be believable.
Mayweather will dig deep into his bag of tricks to use strategies that will make it look like he’s unwilling to face Alvarez, and his haters will perceive this as cowardice. He will make outlandish demands for perhaps a catchweight fight or even demand that his opponent come down in weight to face him. Floyd may even announce that he’s fighting somebody else! These requests and announcements will send the boxing world, especially his antagonists into an uproar, and many critics will question his motives, legacy and even his manhood. After these initial gestures and some others, Mayweather will go quiet making no decision whatsoever about fighting anyone, and the hate and nay-saying will build to a crescendo.
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!