- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
Melson to Face Unbeaten Knockout Artist Chris Gilbert December 4!
New York, NY (October 21, 2013) – Rising junior middleweight Captain Boyd “Rainmaker” Melson of New York City takes a step up in competition when he faces undefeated power puncher Chris “Gumby” Gilbert in the eight round main event of Broadway Boxing Wednesday, December 4 at BB King Blues Club in Time Square.
Melson, a 2003 West Point grad, has an excellent 12-1-1 record with 4 wins by knockout. Since turning pro in November 2010, Melson’s donated 100% of his fight purses, thirteen which went to Justadollarplease.org to help support America’s first trial to cure Chronic Spinal Cord Injuries and the other to help a friend who had a young son with cancer.
The selfless southpaw’s been featured on HBO Real Sports, Sports Illustrated, Yahoo.com, ESPN.com and various other media outlets and is one of the most popular fighters in the Empire State. In his most recent bout on August 14, Melson impressively defeated Jason Thompson in front of a standing room only crowd, avenging a controversial draw.
Unbeaten in ten professional bouts, Chris Gilbert’s not a fan of judges. The 28-year-old Windsor, VT native stopped eight of his opponents, six of which failed to make it out of the third round. On September 12, the heavy handed Gilbert dropped 11-1 Anthony Chase three times en route to a third round TKO.
“Gilbert is definitely going to present a strong challenge,” said Melson, whose March 2012 bout with then-unbeaten Delen Parsley was one of the greatest in Broadway Boxing history. “His team personally reached out to me on Facebook asking me to fight their man. Christmas falls in the same month of this fight, so I decided to give them their present early by saying yes. It’s the season of giving, which is my specialty. I know he’s hungry and is looking to come into New York to steal the spotlight but I’m not about to let that happen. A win over Gilbert will get me one step closer to a significant fight and I’m ready as ever!”
Tickets starting at $55 are available on Teamfighttowalk.com. Following the bout, Melson will once again donate his entire fight purse
to Justadollarplease.org in support of bringing trials to the United States that could help cure chronic Spinal Cord Injuries. It was recently released in the nation-wide media that this clinical trial we are raising funds for to bring here to the U.S. has resulted in 15 out of 20 patients walking enrolled in the study in China who were paralyzed an average of 7 years. Unfortunately, there still is not enough money to carry the trial out in the US.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015