- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Middleweight Kingpin Sergio “Maravilla” Martinez on cover of Rolling Stone magazine
New York, NY (2/5/13) – Middleweight kingpin Sergio “Maravilla” Martinez was on the cover of this month’s Argentine edition of Rolling Stone magazine that hit stands yesterday. The WBC middleweight champion Martinez (50-2-2, 28KO’s) is set to defend his crown April 27th against the U.K.’s undefeated Martin Murray (25-0-1, 11KO’s) at Club Atlético Vélez Sarsfield in Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina. The soccer stadium will be set up to hold 50,000 + people, and will be the first fight for Martinez in his native country of Argentina since 2002. HBO’s World Championship Boxing will provide live coverage of the event. Martinez has already begun training for his defense on the 27th.
“I am very appreciative to Rolling Stone for placing me on the cover,” said Martinez. “It is a great honor for me, and I had a great time working with the people at Rolling Stone on the latest edition of their magazine.”
“We at DBE have always believed that Sergio rocks. What better publication then to grace the pages of Rolling Stone. That is just flat out cool,” said long-time promoter Lou DiBella.
Martinez’ management team of Sampson Lewkowicz, Miguel Ángel de Pablos and Nathan Lewkowicz were also excited about Martinez being featured on the cover.
“I am very proud and very excited that he is being recognized for his popularity in Argentina. This is a tremendous honor to be part of, let alone on the cover of such a historic magazine as Rolling Stone.” – Sampson Lewkowicz, long-time advisor.
“The hard work of the team is coming to fruition and Sergio is now recognized throughout the world as a true superstar.” – Miguel Ángel de Pablos, business manager.
“It’s a very well written article and it introduces people that do not follow boxing to one of the sport’s best representatives.” – Nathan Lewkowicz, VP Sampson Boxing
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader