- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS CONFIRMED FOR INAUGURAL BOX FAN EXPO TO TAKE PLACE SEPT. 13 IN LAS VEGAS
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
Mike Alvarado Vs. Ruslan Provodnikov Saturday, Oct. 19
HBO Sports returns with an action-packed night of boxing programming, headlined by a junior welterweight title bout featuring two of the sport’s most exciting fighters when WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING: MIKE ALVARADO VS. RUSLAN PROVODNIKOV is seen SATURDAY, OCT. 19 at 9:45 p.m. (live ET/tape-delayed PT) from the 1stBank Center in Broomfield, Colo., exclusively on HBO. The HBO Sports team of Jim Lampley, Max Kellerman and Roy Jones Jr. will call all the action, which will be available in HDTV, closed-captioned for the hearing impaired and presented in Spanish on HBO Latino.
Other HBO playdates: Oct. 20 (8:30 a.m.) and 21 (1:00 a.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Oct. 20 (4:30 p.m.) and 22 (11:30 p.m.)
In a 12-round showcase event, Denver’s Mike Alvarado (34-1, 23 KOs) defends his home turf and 140-pound title against Ruslan Provodnikov (22-2, 15 KOs) of Russia in a junior welterweight clash, marking HBO’s first boxing telecast from the Mile High City. After beating Brandon Rios in March to avenge his only career loss, Alvarado, 32, looks to continue his rise in the junior welterweight ranks. The 29-year-old Provodnikov, who lost by decision to welterweight champion Timothy Bradley Jr. in a sizzling contest last March on HBO, looks to foil those plans by going toe-to-toe with the taller Alvarado. Both of their previous bouts are widely considered Fight of the Year candidates, making this one of the most-anticipated fall matchups.
Leading off the telecast will be the HBO replay of the welterweight title showdown between Timothy Bradley Jr. and Juan Manuel Marquez. The two accomplished pros went 12 hard-fought rounds last Saturday night on HBO Pay-Per-View® in Las Vegas. Bradley emerged the winner and kept his undefeated record intact with a split decision triumph.
An added social media element to enhance Saturday’s telecast from Broomfield will be the posting of highlight clips from the live HBO telecast on the @HBOBoxing twitter account. @HBOBoxing is working with the innovative software provider SnappyTV to introduce this feature to the sport of boxing. You can find the video clips and retweet during and after the fight telecast by following @HBOBoxing.
“Legendary Nights: The Tale of Gatti-Ward,” an all-new installment of the Emmy®-winning documentary series, debuts immediately following the Alvarado-Provodnikov bout. The 75-minute special revisits the epic three-fight series featuring Arturo Gatti and Micky Ward that concluded ten years ago on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent