- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
- WSB: Daniel Asenov is the hero of the day
- AFN To Carry Tomorrow Night’s ShoBox Tripleheader With Sammy Vasquez
Mike Alvarado vs. Ruslan Provodnikov: Weigh in results
Ruslan Provodnikov – 139.8 pounds
Mike Alvarado – 139.8 pounds
This Saturday evening, the city of Denver, Colorado, will be throwing a party, and the current WBO Junior Welterweight Champion, Mike Alvarado (34-1, 23 KOs), will be the guest of honor.
It’s been a long time coming for the nine year fight veteran.
After paying his dues and climbing up the pugilistic ladder, “Mile High Mike” is finally reaping the benefits of his hard labor. His unique brand of intelligent brutality has endeared him to fight audiences around the world, and HBO, as well as promoter Top Rank Inc, feels that Alvarado is quickly developing into one of the biggest stars of the sport.
After showing his grit and physical durability in his big victories over Breidis Prescott, Mauricio Herrera, and Brandon Rios, the hard working Colorado native has seemingly earned his spot as an HBO headliner.
It’s a nearly perfect scenario for the 33 year old fighter…except for the fact that he still has to defend his title against one of the hardest pound for pound punchers in the sport, Ruslan Provodnikov (22-2, 15 KOs), this Saturday night on HBO’s World Championship Boxing.
If the scales are any indication of focus and discipline, then Ruslan ostensibly has the mental and physical edge going into tomorrow night’s main event.
Mike originally weighed in at 141.1 pounds this afternoon, and had to shed the additional weight to keep his status as the WBO Junior Welterweight Champion. After a substantial amount of time had elapsed, the defending title holder weighed in once again under the Junior Welterweight limit of 140 pounds with an official weight of 139.8 pounds.
So this Saturday night, Alvarado will be indeed be defending his title against a very hungry and determined challenger.
Although most fight scribes and knowledgeable fight fans view this match-up as a 50/50 pairing, the brass at Top Rank are hoping that Mike’s ability to adapt and overcome, as displayed in his three most recent victories, will prove to be the winning factor at the 1st Bank Center in Denver, Colorado.
While Mike has shown a world class beard against big punchers in previous outings, will he be able to absorb clean shots from one of the hardest pound for pound punchers in boxing? After struggling to make fight weight, it’s very hard to predict how Mike Alvarado will fair against Ruslan Provodnikov.
The dramatic storyline will reach it’s climax this Saturday night in Denver, Colorado!!
“Alvarado vs. Provodnikov” will be broadcast live on HBO World Championship Boxing, with a start time of 9:45 PM EST/PST.
Video by Carlos Sacriste
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power
- Maidana doesn’t have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money