- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
- Lange-Jeter 2 The Rematch set for Nov. 15 at Patriot Center
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
Mike “Beast Mode” Brooks Headed to Mexico!
Oceanside, NY (February 9, 2013) – Unbeaten lightweight Mike “Beast Mode” Brooks of Oceanside, NY will take his talents south of the United States border to Los Mochis, Sinaloa, Mexico.
Brooks, who has a record of 9-0 with 2 wins by knockout and was a top rated amateur by USA Boxing, will work with trainer Chino Espinoza and promoter Juan Chan. The two have worked with former world champion Daniel Ponce De Leon and contenders Jesus Soto Karass and Omar Chavez. Together, they’re expected to help Brooks’ conditioning and keep him busy.
While many once considered his native New York the Mecca of Boxing, Brooks recognizes things have changed and his 2 ½ month stay in Mexico will be beneficial.
“They do a lot of cards in Mexico and I was astonished to see how many take place in the country each weekend,” said the charismatic 25 year old. “I have a warrior mentality like the Mexican fighters do, so I’ve always wanted to go there to train in their style, get great sparring and stay busy. In New York, there aren’t enough cards and I haven’t been as active as I want. I wouldn’t want my career to end early nor do I want any more layoffs just because there aren’t spots on the card for me. Going to Mexico is a dream come true!”
To prepare for his venture to Mexico, Brooks has been training in Long Island and sparring with rising contender Chris Algeiri and unbeaten prospect Anthony Karperis.
Brooks’ first fight in Mexico takes place on an Omar Chavez undercard in March.
Fans can interact with Mike by going to Twitter.com/LeftyBrooks.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things