- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
Mike Tyson Joins List of Legendary Fighters who became promoters
Mike Tyson was the youngest heavyweight champion of all time and in 1987 voted, “World’s Most Popular Athlete.” Now he joins a select list of legendary fighters who became boxing promoters.
Jack Dempsey, the “Manasa Mauler,” stopped boxing after this fight against Gene Tunney. He promoted a few bouts before entering show business as an actor.
Joe Louis, the “Brown Bomber” is considered by many historians as the greatest heavyweight champion of all time. He retired briefly in 1948 and one of his first promotions was the Ezzard Charles – Jersey Joe Walcott fight for title Louis’ vacated.
Muhammad Ali, known simply as, “The Greatest,” is certainly one of the most famous people of all time. After his final bout in 1981against future champ Trevor Berbick he entered the promotional business under the banner “MAPS,” Muhammad Ali Professional Sports.
Mike Tyson and business partner Garry Jonas formed Iron Mike Productions in 2013. Their motto: the best interest of the fighter comes first in any decision making. Mike will be in Minneapolis to see his IBF Champion Argenis Menedez defend his crown on ESPN Friday Night Fights January 3 at Target Center.
Some other prominent fighters who also became promoters include Roy Jones, Jr., Oscar De La Hoya, Bernard Hopkins, and Floyd Mayweather.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity