Carlos Molina Throws Out First Pitch at U.S. Cellular Field
On Monday night, September 23, newly crowned IBF Junior Middleweight Champion “King” Carlos Molina threw out the Ceremonial First Pitch at U.S. Cellular Field before the Chicago White Sox played the Toronto Blue Jays.
Molina was presented with a custom White Sox Jersey before the game and was given a strong ovation by the fans in his hometown of Chicago. A long-time underdog in the sport, Molina finally overcame the adversity to win his first world title via split decision against Ishe Smith on the pay-per-view televised undercard of Mayweather vs. Alvarez on September 14.
“That was a dream come true,” said Molina after throwing a perfect strike. “I want to thank the Chicago White Sox organization and all the fans for being so kind. I will always make you all proud.”
Molina is currently rumored to be making his first defense on premium cable in December.
Photo by Ron Vesely, Chicago White Sox Team Photographer
- Injury blow forces Joshua out of ExCeL return – Paul Smith added to bill
- Ilungu Makubu vs Pawel Kolodziej on Golovkin/Adama Undercard
- Braekhus to fight Myriam Lamare in Frederikshavn on January 18
- Lennox Clarke Back In Action
- Beard Backs Malinga To Beat Hall For World Crown
- ‘Rocky’ Returns After Two Years Out At Wigan
- Michael Jennings: “Matty can’t think past his next fight”
- Thrill-a-minute slugger James Kirkland is BACK!
- Dazzling Darren Barker fails to weather the Sturm; Post Fight Video Interviews
- Sakio Bika Draws With Anthony Dirrell: Retains WBC 168 lb Strap
- Malignaggi defeats Judah, wants Broner-Maidana winner
- Rigondeaux dominates Agbeko; Macklin defeats Russ; Kirkland stops Tapia
- Malignaggi decisions Judah; Porter defeats Alexander; Lara beats Trout
- Italy 4-1 Germany: Team Deutschland crushed