- Bob Arum on Mayweather Jr. vs. Pacquiao: “All signs seem to point to the fight happening early next year"
- Johnny Nelson: I could still beat 'plastic' champion Huck
- Jermain Taylor -- FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN ... Cops Say
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Pac And Floyd Versus Love For The Sport (Part VI)
- Szili ready to capture UBF world title, Wants to face Golovkin, Cotto, Martinez, Quillin, and Felix Sturm
- Juan Pablo Lopez Vs. Fernando Torres, Jeffrey Fontanez Vs. Gilberto Gonzalez
- Dodgers Give Manny Pacquiao the Start For Labor Day Game
- Berto vs Upsher on Sept 6
- Jose Ramirez Visits Vally Children’s Hospital
Ruben Montoya: I’ll be Paul Butler’s worst nightmare!
Mexican warrior Ruben Montoya says he will be Paul Butler’s worst nightmare when they clash at the Liverpool Echo Arena on Saturday 7th December, live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
Fearsome Montoya, who has stopped eight out of twelve opponents, aims to derail the hot and undefeated Ellesmere Port star when he travels to the UK for the first time and adds that Butler is out of his depth fighting a Mexican.
Butler, the current British and Commonwealth Super-Flyweight Champion, faces the riskiest fight of his career when he defends his WBO Intercontinental title against Montoya with the Vacant WBA Intercontinental belt also on the line.
“Butler has shown that he is a good fighter and can fight, I respect him as every opponent, but I will beat him,” Said Montoya.
“I will bring the heat and I will give Butler a tough night. I will be a nightmare for him. He will find out that fighting Mexicans is such a different league,”
“He has never been down, well tell him that there is always a first time and on December 7th I’ll take him into deep waters. He will know places where he hasn’t been before. He will visit the canvas, I assure you.”
“I’m very confident of myself and with a good preparation, I know I can go toe-to-toe the full 12 rounds and I don’t think Butler can match my pace,”
“I fight all three minutes of each round, good physical condition and determination are my tools.
“I can’t wait to December 7 to see if he can stand to his words that he’ll beat me.”
The Liverpool Echo Arena show is headlined by Paul Smith’s defence of his British Super-Middleweight title against Luke Blackledge; Stephen Smith’s British Super-Featherweight title defence against Gary Sykes and Liam Smith’s defence of his British Light-Middleweight title.
Liverpool’s big-hitting, all-action, star Derry Mathews features in an exciting showdown when he challenges the tough Irish battler and WBO European Lightweight Champion Stephen Ormond.
A further big title fight added to the card sees a potential thriller between the unbeaten Joe Selkirk and Oldham’s hard-hitting Ronnie Heffron for the Vacant WBO European Light-Middleweight title.
The undercard will feature Ellesmere Port’s fast-rising lightweight Matty Fagan; top unbeaten Welsh talents Craig Evans (super-featherweight) and Liam Williams (middleweight) will both feature and making his debut for Queensberry Promotions will be Stoke welterweight Josh McLaren who will be looking to make a big impression. Completing the card will be Manchester’s Liam Cullen (cruiserweight) and Ciaran McVarnock (featherweight).
Tickets are priced at £40, £50, £70, £100 & £150 and are available from the Liverpool Echo Arena Box Office on 0844 8000 400 or online at www.echoarena.com
Watch live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546). Join at www.boxnation.com
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Matt Korobov signs for Quillin fight
- Roach: Mayweather is shot, but we want Pacquiao to fight him
- Mayweather Promotions Final Weights, Quotes For Saturday’s Shobox: The New Generation Tripleheader
- DMV’s Celebrity Weekend of Champions!
- Bob Arum on Mayweather Jr. vs. Pacquiao: “All signs seem to point to the fight happening early next year”
- Johnny Nelson: I could still beat ‘plastic’ champion Huck
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript