- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
Morelli vs. Persoon Super Fight For WBF World Title
In a quest for revenge, World Boxing Federation (WBF) Womens World Lightweight Champion Lucia Morelli (18-3, 8 KOs) of Italy is set for her first title defense on December 13, taking on perhaps the toughest challenger possible in Belgian Delfine Persoon (27-1, 12 KOs).
Now squaring off in a genuine Super Fight between two of the very best in the division, Morelli and Persoon first fought in February 2012, with the latter winning by fifth round technical knockout after going toe-to-toe with the Italian in a non-stop action packed battle.
Persoon came out on top when she overwhelmed Morelli in a corner of the ring, unloading with both hands, but the current world champion felt the stoppage was premature and is now eager to set the record straight with a victory in the rematch.
In her mission for redemption, Morelli is again proving that she is a true world champion, travelling to her opponent’s back yard to fight, just like she did for their original encounter, and just like she did when she won the world title this past January by defeating then undefeated Rola El Halabi in Germany.
While Morelli (34) has only been in the ring once, defeating El Halabi, since losing to Persoon, the 28-year-old Belgian has kept very busy and added ten more victories against good opposition to her impressive resume. But none of those opponents have given her a war like Morelli!
Having won the European championship and two versions of the world title since turning pro in 2009, Persoon most recently underlined her quality when she stopped reigning welterweight world titlist Eva Halasi in three rounds of a non title fight last month.
There is no doubt that Morelli has chosen the path of most resistance for her first title defense, and there is no doubt that Persoon will need to be on her A-Game to again defeat Morelli and win the WBF World title. There is also no doubt that Belgian boxing fans will turn up expecting another classic brawl!
The Lucia Morelli vs. Delfine Persoon highly anticipated Super Fight rematch for the WBF Womens Lightweight Championship of the World at the Zaal Forum in Aalst, Belgium on December 13, will be promoted by Patrick van de Meerssche.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent