- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
- Angel “Memo” Heredia Confirmed for Inaugural Box Fan Expo
MSG Network’s Friday Night Fights
Tonight at 9:00 p.m. on MSG Network’s Friday Night Fights, hosted by John Duddy and Mark Breland: Hector “Macho” Camacho vs. Ray “Boom Boom” Mancini (3/6/89).
After a four-year retirement, Ray “Boom Boom” Mancini stepped back into the ring in March of 1989 to face undefeated Hector “Macho” Camacho for the WBO junior welterweight title. The two fighters, who weren’t afraid to express their distaste for each other before the bout, showcased two very different styles with Camacho dodging Mancini’s charge the entire night. “Macho” took the 12-round split decision to the dismay of Mancini, who believed he had won the fight at the bell, and the Reno crowd that chanted “Boom Boom” throughout the night.
In the episode, Duddy and Breland talk about the difference between the two fighters.
Duddy: “Many people remember Hector as being the party boy, the wise guy, dying hair and fancy clothes, but he still could fight.”
Breland: “Right. Regardless of what he did outside of the ring, he took care of business inside.”
Duddy: “Mancini was a fan favorite…”
Breland: “Because he would take a shot and then give it right back to you. I know a guy like that…this Irish guy named John Duddy.”
Friday Night Fights is part of MSG Network’s Summer Block Party. For more information go to www.msg.com/summer and join the conversation on Twitter with @MSGNetworks.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?